Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIDEO: Puna Traffic Tension Boils Over At Meeting
Again I repeat, sometimes it is just plain embarrassing to be a Punatic. Seriously. The lines were drawn at this meeting. White, complaining, Boomer infested crowd on one side. Local "state" guys and politicians on the other. This sh** is getting so old already. Just want to tell some of our community complainers to shut da hell up already. I don't know if it ever was, but Toby's antics are not funny nor amusing anymore. I certainly hope there is a new generation of Puna kids who rise to be better than this current complaining generation of know it alls who all seem to have the solution for Puna. Much of the complaints coming YEARS after all of this has been decided....by PUNA folks, nonetheless! Remember the community development plan? I swear. Some folks just need to stop it already. The roundabouts are not evil. You will soon find out that they are our friends.
quit freaking out, roundabout dont really have lanes as far as I remember...its all merging.
roundabouts are easy, unless youre super stoned..
oh, and whateva you do, dont stop... lol

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Ha! We all know that no one is going to be super stoned when they enter the roundabout in PAHOA!
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
O'o kimo ...

speaking for yourself ???
fwiw...
I heard in video near end that the roundabout is 135' wide, not 35' mentioned in earlier post...

quote:
Originally posted by 2liveque

Again I repeat, sometimes it is just plain embarrassing to be a Punatic. Seriously. The lines were drawn at this meeting. White, complaining, Boomer infested crowd on one side. Local "state" guys and politicians on the other. This sh** is getting so old already. Just want to tell some of our community complainers to shut da hell up already.

Agreed. I thought the crowd was embarrassingly whiny and rude, and was impressed with the speaker. I liked the way he handled the woman who marched down the aisle pointing at him and interrupting his answer...NEXT QUESTION.
We'll see. Sorry I don't have the plans to confirm it's size.

Let's apply some logic here, they are suppose to 'eventually' make 130 to 4 lanes. Everyone knows this... Logic to make the roundabout match what is coming ahead?

Lanes in a roundabout, MANY....MANY do have lanes for the obvious reason, TWICE as much traffic can flow through a roundabout with 2 lanes. Someone gets in an accident, a mechanical breakdown, or (whatever) You got another lane to use and go around.

Volcano lava coming or not, it's not slowing down people coming here. This roundabout may work well now, but what happens when the population doubles in pahoa? Will this handle that in the next 3-6 years?

Just like we were suppose to get a 4 lane from the dump to hpp, not a 3 hour shoulder part time lane. Oh well, go figure. It is what it is.
what happens when the population doubles in pahoa?

I've been wondering about that for years.
Nah. I don't get super stoned POG.

IMO this 1 lane roundabout is a testament to how confident the county/state is to the ability of the local driver.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
quote:
Originally posted by pog
Yeah Ted, I knew I saw you there ...

Did you find me attractive, as a man or woman? And are you into Thai boys?

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*