Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal?
to see if Native Hawaiians are affected differently than the rest of us!

I'll start a list of those who are affected differently by geo-thermal.

Adversely affected:
Taxpayers

Advantageously affected:
Consultants hired to conduct studies
Associates hired by consultants to conduct studies
Lawyers

Oscar Wilde's Last Words: "Either this wallpaper goes, or I do."
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Hopefully the Native Hawaiian study comprehensively proves and exposes the dangers of geothermal heavy industry inappropriately planting itself right in the middle of Puna in a res/ag zone with schools and such nearby. The King Kam preschool is within a mile or two, and if I recall correctly the preschool in the zone that has been evacuated a few times due to very dangerous toxic emissions from the geothermal. Might just be what we need to shut the plant down for good once and for all. How soon people forget, or did they ever care in the first place, lots of handouts(Hawaiians rec'ing percentage of the profits) and jobs connected here. Greed is like a very thick pair of sunglasses.

So wherever shall we go for the 30% of the island's power that Ormat produces? Burn more oil? Why do you think Oahu is trying to take home rule away? There will be more geothermal plants and not less.

Show me one child who has a bonafide, verifiable medical history of damage from PGV. What is up with these greedy glasses you speak of? Who is on the take now? Why does it always end in a conspiracy? So many unfounded allegations with no relief in sight.

Meanwhile, the air is fresh and clean today so no PGV apocalypse today!
Just keep pushing the dangers of living in Puna with geothermal and volcanic dangers and they will evict everyone in the areas they think are hazardous under eminent domain, and claim and manage it as part of Volcano National Park land. Then you're really screwed. JMO, JKA

Community begins with Aloha
"I guess the foreigners don't care if they poison their adjoining neighbors. "
Ormat is a publicly-traded company (on the NYSE) with headquarters in Reno, Nevada.
If they're poisoning someone then call the cops.
Thanks for the concerns, we really were worried this morning driving by the geothermal. The last release during the hurricane really impacted our entire family, which has made living near it that much more uncomfortable of late. This fairly recent article does a pretty good job staying neutral on one of our most dangerous community issues(geothermal).

http://www.kitv.com/story/30544546/the-p...big-island

Kapoho joe you may be correct with your future puna geothermal preminitions or ideas. Supposedly several other geothermal companies were going to invest in puna or the big island last year, not sure what happened with it or why it never materialized?

Edited only to change the word felt to impacted.
gypsy,,,you begin in a fog and end with relocation"""be Ah-fraid and please do not document anything...blather on and you will be ok
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

Hopefully the Native Hawaiian study comprehensively proves and exposes the dangers of geothermal heavy industry inappropriately planting itself right in the middle of Puna in a res/ag zone with schools and such nearby. The King Kam preschool is within a mile or two, and if I recall correctly the preschool in the zone that has been evacuated a few times due to very dangerous toxic emissions from the geothermal. Might just be what we need to shut the plant down for good once and for all. How soon people forget, or did they ever care in the first place, lots of handouts(Hawaiians rec'ing percentage of the profits) and jobs connected here. Greed is like a very thick pair of sunglasses.

So wherever shall we go for the 30% of the island's power that Ormat produces? Burn more oil? Why do you think Oahu is trying to take home rule away? There will be more geothermal plants and not less.

Show me one child who has a bonafide, verifiable medical history of damage from PGV. What is up with these greedy glasses you speak of? Who is on the take now? Why does it always end in a conspiracy? So many unfounded allegations with no relief in sight.

Meanwhile, the air is fresh and clean today so no PGV apocalypse today!

Do your own research and you can start by looking into the numerous lawsuits won by neighbors with documented health issues directly caused by PGV, a heavy industry plopped down in the middle of a residential area.
It's pretty bizarre to read from the diehard proponents here on punaweb vehemently defending a dangerous and inappropriate industry in Puna. I guess repeatedly won lawsuits for health issues are irrelevant to you, hence the well being of others matters none or little to you either. Strange.
Anyone who has been around Puna for a long time is well aware of the damage and problems it has caused.
You can assume all day everyday that all these people lied if that fits in with your pro-geothermal position. Many of us, including physicians, nurse practitioners and other health care workers from the Bay Clinic in Pahoa will tell you otherwise. I heard it directly from them for years.
"gypsy, did you try rolling down the windows? To see if the "fog" was inside the car?"

This thread would make excellent material for a new Cheech and Chong movie.
Then the properties go to an auction where the County takes homes all the proceeds.

So it's effectively a money-laundering operation that turns geothermal royalties into County general funds?

Besides which ... when it goes up for auction, someone else buys it so the cycle can begin again -- clearly nobody learned anything the first time.