Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS PMAR survey
Nobody in their right mind would get off PEAR in Hawaiian Acres and roam those roads looking for a shortcut around a traffic jam.

PEAR is a shortcut around the traffic jam on 130. County "dumped" the traffic right through a "private" road in a "private" subdivision.
HPP could legally control that morning traffic on their roads if they wanted to. Wouldn't take much effort.

I talked to the BoD a few years ago but they just yawned.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
@kalakoa: Yes that's true, but who maintains PEAR? Somebody told me once that the county paid the upkeep, but I haven't seen or heard that anywhere else.

@Rob tucker: The BoD yawned instead of paying attention to someone smarter than them? Imagine that! They haven't been worth anything since about 2008.
who maintains PEAR? Somebody told me once that the county paid

Isn't it illegal for County to spend any public money on a private road?
Except when they decide it isn't illegal.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
The County striped and put reflectors down on HPP's Makuu Rd from RR up to the highway readying the road for an emergency access route during the lava scare.
So "all we gotta do is" declare a permanent state of emergency, then County can do some "safety" work? Because emergency.
Tomorrow on the 9th is Joy San Buenaventura's 2017 Community Forum on Roads at the HPP Activity Center l:30-4. According to the HPP BOD meeting minutes the HPP PMAR committee is still functioning even after Ruderman, O'Hara and Buenaventura poked holes through the committee's credibility at June's General Membership Meeting.

Somebody needs to ask Joy why this is the first time she has bothered to do a talk story in HPP when she's been proposing to build a road into or, depending on who you believe, through the place for three years now. It took a poke in the eye from that flawed survey to get her to even talk about exactly what it is she wants. So maybe it wasn't so bogus after all.
As much as I hate to say it.. the lower pmar isn't going to happen .. the keaau to hilo route that makes more sense is across stainback to one of the upper roads in Hilo.

And yes that's just what the Shipman tribe wants..

# (in neither work for or give a rats a$$ about the Shipman tribe)