Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting at Pohoiki
quote:
Originally posted by islandlvng: If you ever find proof that this type of behavior happens in conceal/carry states please inform me!

Not quite the same but... I'm a firm believer in the 2nd as well as licensed carry. However, during my Fl LEO career I did seize 3 CCW permits. At least at that time you just seized them and sent them to the State with a report explaining what kind of stupid Sh*t they were doing. I never actually charged them with anything but I could have and the events were documented in such a way as they could be if it was later deemed necessary. In each case their actions had no evil intent but were irresponsible and potentially dangerous. Bear in mind that in Fl CCW permits almost seem more common than not. Besides, it's legal to carry in your vehicle without a permit if it's "not readily accessible" or is "clearly visible". Off hand I don't recall anyone besides me seizing permits but I'm sure some did. Point being that if you have enough permits out there then yes there will be some that do stupid sh*t. Supporters of the 2nd and CCW need to realize and admit that. I would imagine it will actually be possible to get a permit in Hawaii someday but I'm sure it will always be very difficult. Supposedly, being Ret. LEO I can actually get one in Hawaii if I jump through the hoops but then I don't really need one due to the LEOSA or HR218.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
It used to be that , in Hawaii, things always ended after the fists fights were done. Its really bad, and too sad, that the Island has come down to this. Everybody needs now to start showing real respect for life. And each other. People of Puna have been through a lot of tough times together. Full time.
Lets give each other that wave and smile that we're famous for.
Otherwise maybe we're doomed to follow the same demise as the Mainland. JMO
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
There should be police and a ambulance staged down there at least on the weekends
Lots of people and stupid goings on. And it's like 20 min response time from Pahoa
^ Yes, A police presence would be a good deterrent to violence.
If someone thinks he/she might get caught they're less likely to do something wrong.

I don't know the guy but I saw the shooter (Wilber) once at Home Depot.
I remember him distinctly because he was just walking thru the place waving his arms around making thuggery gestures.
And I thought. Something's wrong with this dude.

islandlvg is right; I don't own a gun. Why not? Don't need one here. Safe and secure with alternative techniques.

At some point in the weapons chain, illegal gun owners get guns from legal gun owners.

I feel totally safe with Hawaii's strong gun laws (Felt even safer in New Zealand where even the police don't carry)

BTW; Combat Veteran, IIcorp 1971. Expert Marksman with M-16, 38 revolver and Colt 1911.

I agree with you about responsible gun owners, but feel that the Gun Lobby discourages any sensible standards or control. Believe me; the more legal guns on the Big Island will trickle down and become more illegal guns.

I support Hawaii's strong gun laws, view Sunday's shooting as an aberration, and feel that more guns in the midst of a family crowd would have been potentially disastrous. (especially when in the possession of well meaning cowboys without adequate weapons and tactics training)

With the amount of drugs, illegal fire works and slave labor smuggled into the state I doubt the bad guys have any trouble finding guns. And unless HPD has improved their computer security they provide a nice " Rob Me " list of the
Location of every registered gun
The police should implement extreme profiling - stop and search anyone not wearing a shirt.
^ Or anyone wearing baggy shorts.
^ driving a spray-painted Toyota Tacoma
http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...i-shooting

Wondering how likely it is that some bail bondsman would take this on and post the 275K so this lunatic Thug can get out and seek some revenge? SMH