Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to donate for the Harvey storm?
An adage I heard some time ago:
Never argue with a jackass - it lowers your IQ without raising his (hers)...
And I thought the Glass#/Mimosa matchup was going to be the headliner.
go ahead screw the planet and when it comes back to bite you we'll all chip in and bail you out

Why wait? You can screw the planet daily with a shopping trip to Walmart; the cashier who rings you up gets their bailout as public benefits to make up for their low wage/hours.

Texas is full of head up their ass Republicans that will do nothing to help people. And it's the people's fault for electing them.. over and over.

Keep it local -- our non-partisan Mayor was re-elected, and so far all he's done is raise taxes and form an opinion that "maybe the bus yard should be locked up better". Feeling helped yet?
A few years back we had a hurricane slam us pretty hard.
The powers of FEMA and others said not a hurricane cause 1mph under hurricane power so sorry folks no help suckers.
How much did texas donate to our local disaster.
Some one please send the group here how much donations from Tx .
Mrs.Mimosa
If you want to donate, donate.
If you don't want to donate, don't.

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by glinda

quote:
Originally posted by Slow Walker

Well I'm tired of your suckerizations!
Oh my.. tired eh? Well unless our illustrious leaders grow up themselves we are going to revisit this one over and over again. Remember CO2?

Texas is full of head up their ass Republicans that will do nothing to help people. And it's the people's fault for electing them.. over and over. As far as I am concerned this is payback.. and it's a bitch.

Try reading today's CNN article..

Congress, time for tough love for Texas

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/31/opinions/t...index.html

The shoe's on the other muddy foot for Texas Republicans who attempted to block relief and recovery aid to New York and New Jersey in the wake of Superstorm Sandy in 2012 -- and are now pleading for levels of aid that could reach $160 billion, which would be the largest emergency aid package in US history.

A perfect way to repay their hypocrisy would be to deliver every penny of requested aid, but with strict requirements that Texas end its years of dithering and finally implement sensible environmental planning.

The region's shoddy, inadequate coastal defenses and vulnerability to flooding has been widely known in Texas for years. As the Houston Chronicle noted last year: "If there is a consensus among conservationists, engineers, ecologists, hydrologists, urban planners, climatologists and other experts regarding Houston's prospects in a time of climate change, it is that neither city nor county officials have taken adequate steps to address the realities imposed by life on a rainy coastal plain."

And it goes on.. and on. Read the article.

Giving money to the people says.. go ahead screw the planet and when it comes back to bite you we'll all chip in and bail you out. And that is the WRONG message to send. Telling them to grow up and face the music is a lot better and maybe.. just maybe.. they'll come to realize their conservative screw everyone but themselves attitude doesn't work.

And you know the saddest part.. they often quote Jesus when they go around screwing everyone. I hate Republicans. Pure evil.

I dislike both political parties and think they are both evil.
Also CNN speaks fake news,just like Beelzebub!
Slow Walker
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

A few years back we had a hurricane slam us pretty hard.
The powers of FEMA and others said not a hurricane cause 1mph under hurricane power so sorry folks no help suckers.
How much did texas donate to our local disaster.
Some one please send the group here how much donations from Tx .
Mrs.Mimosa

Lot more people benefited by that. If they didn't have hurricane coverage, their regular insurance (if they had it) paid. If the storm was classed as a hurricane, lot of people would have been screwed.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I see. Now we know what color your stripes are. Enough already!

Pot, meet Kettle.

Some reasons why I'm not a fan of the Red Cross is 1) executive compensation in 2010 was 4.5 million dollars. No idea what it is now, no desire to look up the stats 2) They SELL the blood that people donate. It's not like when you donate blood it gets donated to people who need blood, it is sold for dollars and the dollars used for whatever "operating expenses" the Red Cross has (like executive salaries). Blood drives are monetary drives, plain and simple. If there was ever an actual blood shortage, start paying 'donors' half the money a hospital charges the blood recipient, and the hospital would be drowning blood. The Red Cross is an effective "middle man" in the "blood trade". Sad but true.

All that being said, the Red Cross is probably the best organized and most financially efficient disaster relief agency in the world. When I give money to disaster relief, I give it to the Red Cross. It's much less time consuming than supporting them through their blood racket.
quote:
Originally posted by glinda

[quote]Originally posted by Slow Walker

Also CNN speaks fake news,just like Beelzebub!
I see. Now we know what color your stripes are. Enough already!

Peace to you.... Ohiagrlz
Slow Walker