Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrician & Plumber
if your lot is undeveloped your SSPP fee has probably not been paid. This is a special payment to HELCO. It has to be paid before they will bring power to your lot/house. Call Helco and have your TMK number ready. Fees are expensive.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Fees are expensive.

HELCO will finance ... but this gives them the option to change the fees in future, so it's best to pay the whole SSPP up front if can.
What is the SSPP and about how much is it. Okay, I looked it up. Not sure whether or not it applies in Nanawale. Also I'm wondering what kind of contractor installs the water catchment.
Not sure whether or not it applies in Nanawale.
---
The fees do not apply in Nanawale. Nanawale will pay any fee, if needed, to get you hooked up to electric, even if there are no poles already on your street.
Susan, How long has the process been for you (from start to finish)? I was hoping to complete it all in 6 months {I have the plans and permits)- is that unrealistic?
Someone like WaterWorks or Island Catchment can install the catchment.
Maud, it's been 19 months since the shell was built and dried in. We were not on island the entire time though we were able to get friends to stand in for the shower floor install and rough plumbing inspection. We arrived permanently at the end of February this year. Since then we have added gutters, catchment and UV, had inside wiring pulled and wiring inspection. Lathing inspection passed. Electrician cannot place sockets, plates, lighting and fans until the dywall is done and finished completely. We have a couple of temporary elec plugs with everything on cords.That's where we are stuck. Plumber won't come back to finish until everything kitchen is ready to go in. Good luck if they are available within a week or two of when you are.
I sure wish you luck on that 6 months. It seems to all fall together differently for everyone.

We have taken on the tape and float of the drywall ourselves and it's not going quickly as we both work full time.
Last year I built a home. I used Drainpipe and Y.E.S (Yamamoto Electrical Service). This was my 3rd or 4th time using both companies and have no reason to use anyone else.