Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punatalk Rules for Newbies
You are only eleven posts from not being a newbie. Hang on in there and it will all be over soon. I'm not sure if Rob still carries out the PW equivalent of the pollywog passing to the kingdom of Neptune ceremony, but let us know how it goes.
quote:
Originally posted by Eric1600

Nice work Chas. Double post=more respect.

Gotta pump those newbie numbers up!
Posting to see my post count.

edit - only 191. Damn. I could make threads about chemtrails, geothermal, etc to boost my status and, by the rules of the OP, become wiser.... Naw, I'll get there in time. Someday.
And then there were the times posters posted just to increase their status, gone now, not missed.

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
[quote]Originally posted by David M

And then there were the times posters posted just to increase their status, gone now, not missed.[quote]

Ah, the good old days David!! I wonder how many of us from 2004/5 are still around lurking but tired of the bs once you post something? LOL

+1 for all of us Royal !
I agree. This place is a hot bed for pointless aggressive arguing. And there are a few who love to stoke the flames.
quote:
Originally posted by KeaauRich

IMO the fact that a poster has 1000+ posts does not equate to being deserving of respect. I subscribe to the adage that another Punawebber posts: don't speak unless you can improve on the silence. For some here, "improving on the silence" is apparently a very low bar.

Even I drift from that adage at times...but good to see someone notices subtle things...

+1. Thanks OP!

I don’t remember when I signed up, I think sometime around 2008....

Still waiting for a decent coqui recipe.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
As the original poster, I find this comment particularly interesting: "I subscribe to the adage that another Punawebber posts: don't speak unless you can improve on the silence. "

I do not agree that less is necessarily better, and perhaps that is why I am on Reddit so much more now.

(A very diverse community that has something for every poster. My Too Long--Didn't Read posts are average there. The derisive banter on Punatalk, which I enjoy making light of, is equally common there. But Reddit moderators allow it in some places and not in others.)

A comment that would logically follow now from many Punatalk posters (e.g., Oldtimers) would be: "We won't miss you." To which I would reply: "Fair comment."

Sorry, but I'll post here now and again. And try to tone it down. (But no promises.)