Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Island Organics made in CA, and HI beer thread
I do, kind of expensive and not much variety, but it is local and comes in cans which some claim are more environmentally friendly.
I'm a big fan of growler fills at Mehana. All fills 20% off until year end. They have a superb product, very nice selection, great staff and cheaper-than-mainland prices. Mmmmm... Tsunami IPA... Pavlovian response engaged.
Mehana used to offer brewery tasting tours - good fun if they still do it!
In my opinion the best HI beers are Maui Brewing. Not only the best tasting, but they also make the cans in the state (from recycled aluminum), make much of their own energy, plus they are also getting into distilling.
Apparently there is a new brewery opening in Kona next month and will be using locally sourced ingredients. Looks interesting. Can't wait to try the ciders.

https://www.olabrewco.com

Originally posted by terracore
In my opinion the best HI beers are Maui Brewing. Not only the best tasting, but they also make the cans in the state (from recycled aluminum), make much of their own energy, plus they are also getting into distilling.

Agreed that Maui Brewing is top notch, although Big Island Brewhaus in Waimea is a close contender IMHO, and do sampler flights of their many brews in their "beer garden" covered with growing vines of hops. Good food to boot as well - a highly recommended stop while visiting up mauka. Cheers!
http://bigislandbrewhaus.com/

(Sorry, never had Big Island Organics so no real comment, although given that Pahoa spigot water is shipped to CA for bottling and reimported as $4 a bottle specialty water for the Waikoloa Resorts, can't say I'm much surprised by the "selling on image" tactic)
How come none of you get a lecture on joining AA?
I guess ole Gypper has a mancrush on you Tom. Only reason I figure for all the extra attention you get...

AA is for people who have a "problem" managing their alcoholism.

We're already members Tom, and we are here to help you. Now stand up and tell us about your problem. Smile