Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Federal law circumvents Hawaii's CCW process
Sounds fine to me, seems to be the unregistered weapons that make all the trouble...

I don't, never have, nor plan on ever owning a gun.

If I was king: there'd be a tax on bullets something like 10k per...then if you really want to kill someone it takes a lot more effort.
quote:
Originally posted by birdmove

Interesting thread here. The statement that "...When it's common knowledge that anyone that feels they need to carry a gun needs mental health counseling..", I find I cannot just let that go...
Ok, you're right, I should have said "...When it's common knowledge among mature adults that anyone that feels they need to carry a gun needs mental health counseling.."

guns to children, the blind and the mentally ill

Wisconsin has for many years offered gun and deer hunting licenses to the blind.
This year they passed a law allowing children to hunt with a gun, and a number of the new licenses went to toddlers under the age of 1.
As far as guns and hunting by the mentally ill, the governor and legislature pushed these laws through, so the insane clearly take part in one way or another.

"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm." -James Madison, The Federalist Papers, 1787
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Glinda, we can have differing viewpoints without accusing each other of mental illness. I'm a mostly liberal independent, but still value having the ability to defend my property and family when police could take 30 minutes or more to arrive, assuming I can even call them. Tried to text 911 the other day and it said "not supported yet in this area", they could barely understand my voice over the bad cell connection.

There are really bad people out there that don't care about gun laws, property laws, or your life. Dozens of sex offenders living in HA too. Should someone's wife or daughter not feel safe walking their own neighborhood, just because guns are dangerous?
Should someone's wife or daughter not feel safe walking their own neighborhood

Pepper spray.
Smaller, lighter, easier to carry, quicker response time if it's necessary to use it, and doesn't require accuracy when aimed. It won't kill your keiki if they find it either.

"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm." -James Madison, The Federalist Papers, 1787
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Where's the best state for me to get my concealed carry? I heard there are some states that give guns to children, the blind and the mentally ill, but I don't know which ones they are. Ah, a grand future awaits!

[B)]

HotPE, that sounds reasonable, assuming the assailant is unarmed, less than 10 feet away, and downwind.
assuming the assailant is... less than 10 feet away

Most assailants would probably be closer than 10 feet away by the time you could recognize they're attacking and not just walking or driving by. If you "think" somebody is attacking from 50 feet away, and you shoot them, good luck explaining that scenario to the police.

I need to carry an RPG around, otherwise I don’t feel safe. What, problem?
HotPE, most assailants are not ninjas. If you are walking our roads in the acres you will see or hear someone (or a boar) coming, and can place your hand in your pocket on your ccw. Also, if you're in Puna there won't be any police around for quite a while.

PaulW, your straw man may catch fire, trying to use an RPG at close range like that...