Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth keyboards: repeating keys
terracore: If you prefer power over portability, you can get a cheap laptop, replace the hard drive with a solid-state drive (make sure it's actually swappable first, a lot of them now aren't), and you've got basically the speed and storage of a much bigger and more expensive machine for the cost of an iPad.
rbakker - just like your friend, the problem returned a day later although it's behaving right now. I'll try a couple of other things and let you know.
My favorite computer engineer neighbor put Linux on my chromebook, love it.
I primarily use Linux, especially as I write scripts for astronomy and engineering purposes, but often use a dual-boot laptop. However, this little tablet is great for home use such as web browsing plus it also has Cygwin installed so I can switch to Unix easily and even run the telescope and instruments from home. Repeating keys on Bluetooth keyboards appears to be a problem on all operating systems and does seem specific to Bluetooth.
Thanks Tom. No bluetooth in this case but following your example we are getting a new keyboard to narrow down the problem.
It could just be a sticky key, I'll have to check.
Yes, I think that's a good idea. If it's just one keyboard then it's much more likely a keyboard problem. I do have a non-Bluetooth keyboard I can try (it clips directly to the connections at the bottom of the tablet), but have to remember where I put it!
i might be talking out my rump... But isnt bluetooth and wifi basically the same frequency. pehaps interference is the problem.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/28068/web
alaskyn - you may have hit the nail on the head. I need to do a little more testing but you may have solved the problem.
OK, it wasn't the wifi although it looked promising for a while. Turns out I had three keyboards that all had a sticky key, including two new and unused ones although they had been sitting on the shelf for a few months. A brand new Bluetooth keyboard is working just fine. Can't believe three keyboards all had the same problem, what are the chances of that?

I'm blaming LFAs.
And putting on my Captain Obvious hat for a minute, I assume you're using fresh batteries in these keyboards. Weak batteries frequently cause this symptom as well.