Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPAM during this famine?
Yummy!!! Especially during famine!

Other people want to make friends- I just want to make money.
James Cramer
I dont believe in eating any meat from a can. It's a weird thought to me.

Chris
Chris
I was talking to a local family about being raised in Washington where we didn't have an option of eating fresh vegetables during the Winter time, simply because they won't grow.

I then mentioned things like, making apple cider and Canning fruits so that you could eat them during the winter...

The response was kind of weird.... it was like....

"EWWWW... Canned vegetables!"

Were lucky in Hawaii that we can grow things year round and don't have to "Can" everything for the Winter months when things don't grow.[Wink]

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
"THINK EVERYONE WILL FIND THIS VERY INFORMATIVE. I ONLY WISH IT WAS AS EASY TO FOLLOW AS IT IS TO UNDERSTAND. "

Yet another type of spam.
Glad there are many choices now on what we have to eat. Growing up, we did not have many, other than what you could hunt in terms of meat...(rabbits, squirrels,pheasant,deer etc...) and canned veggies from spring/summer plantings. SPAM was a pretty good at times, at least it did not take time to prepare....Heh, fast food![Big Grin] Anyone every have "military" canned meat???? Now that's another topic for sure....[:0]

Lika

"To err is human, to forgive divine"
Lika

"To err is human, to forgive divine"
quote:
Originally posted by chrislo09

I dont believe in eating any meat from a can. It's a weird thought to me.
Does that include canned tuna, tuna salad, tuna fish sandwiches? Just curious.

Aloha! ;-)
Aloha! ;-)
I called it here first [Wink]

-------
My Blog
When hogs are running wild all over and it is so easy to raise ducks for meat and eggs and of coarse rabbits for meat, I can't imagine opening a can of that "pork flavored salted fat".

Just not gon' doit!

1 can of spam $2.40 cents.
Feeds 4 people one meat serving

1 30.06 round .80 cents.
Feeds 40 people 1 or more meat servings.

You do the math.
With a bottle of Tabasco and the C-Ration cookbook, the much maligned Spam is not too bad. Much better than Pork-sliced-with potatoes. Trust me on this. [Big Grin]

dick wilson
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
if you can grow purslane, (very easy to grow in pot, grows like weed), its very high in high quality protein and omega-3, so you can cut down eating a serving of meat by half if you just add these inexpensive yummy leaves to your food.

also, if you really want to get superb protein, grow Moringa. its a tree, grows like crazy here in hawaii, grows huge, the leaves are full of protein and considered a super-food rivaling Spirulina, for its potent micro-nutrient content. a family of 4 can comfortably survive on just 2 trees in their back yard for years without adding any other food to their menu. the leaves taste like spinach.