Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restrictions to continue!
(11-10-2021, 12:51 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: either their fear is unfounded and the product works

The vaccine works, but it's not a simplistic either/or, black & white.  There is a complex area of light gray and dark gray in between, that is, if you're vaccinated you can still get COVID.  You might not get as sick as the unvaccinated, but you can still get sick.  And who wants to get sick, especially if it's really unnecessary given the science? If everyone was vaccinated almost no one would get COVID at this point in time.  When's the last time you heard of someone contracting polio?  Or smallpox?
If your "given the science", even if everyone was vaccinated, they would still be able to catch and spread and still get sick. So, what difference does it make other than the claim that vaccinated dont get as ill as the unvaccinated. That would be on them for not taking the vax, thats the risk they take. So it is pretty black and white.

Never heard of anyone catching smallpox or pollio.. because,, damnit those vaccines, they work. even if exposed to a carrier your safe. Huge difference between a product that works and one that doesnt.
even if everyone was vaccinated, they would still be able to catch and spread
From where?  There would be no clusters of living carriers, just as there are no clusters of living smallpox and polio carriers in the US.

smallpox or pollio.. because,, damnit those vaccines, they work.
Yes.  Why? Because nearly everyone is vaccinated against polio and smallpox!
what difference does it make other

I choose "minimized chance of death". I hope that's OK with the anti-vaxxers.
Kander, Here is a suggestion for you to consider. Don't believe everything you think.
Kander, I ignored Mymanao ages ago. I suggest you do the same. I don't read their posts.

They are obviously a troll trying to get a rise out of people.

Pretty sure the bait was aimed at me anyway, but you're the one who got hooked.

Some others here may be the same, but just aren't quite as obvious.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/11/0...over-time/

Can anyone else see where this is going? Definitely not getting any more shots until restrictions are lifted and no more mask mandates though.

I wonder what would happen if I walked into the middle of a store, took my mask off, and just started coughing loudly.

Pretty sure this is the only place left in the entire nation where everyone wouldn't just start laughing.
Sounds like a dick move to me. Maybe instead you could just cry in the middle of the store, complaining about what a burden wearing a mask has been for you, and why you shouldn't have to care about other people.
(11-10-2021, 02:08 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: even if everyone was vaccinated, they would still be able to catch and spread
From where?  There would be no clusters of living carriers, just as there are no clusters of living smallpox and polio carriers in the US.

smallpox or pollio.. because,, damnit those vaccines, they work.
Yes.  Why? Because nearly everyone is vaccinated against polio and smallpox!
 Most vaccines don't provide so called "sterilizing immunity".  I don't believe the Polio vaccine does.  In any case, that's Kander's definition of "working", completely preventing an infection.   Never mind that the vaccines reduce likelihood of severe disease and hospitalization dramatically.

Pandemic ends when just about everyone has either been vaccinated or infected by coronavirus. Infections will continue to occur in the future, no doubt, because that's the nature of coronaviruses.  Previous exposure-or vaccination-doesn't provide immunity.  

Obviously, vaccination is quicker route to endemnicity and less of a burden on hospitals.  It seems that a lot of the MAGAs nationwide are choosing to role the dice with infection.  Well, it's good to have something you consider worth possibly dying for I guess.
(11-10-2021, 05:52 PM)randomq Wrote: Sounds like a dick move to me. Maybe instead you could just cry in the middle of the store, complaining about what a burden wearing a mask has been for you, and why you shouldn't have to care about other people.

It's not about the mask being a burden so much as I'm sick of living on plague island. It's absolutely absurd that we're still doing this after this long. No one else except LA county is at this point.

I just don't care anymore. A few weeks ago my family got sick, we didn't get tested and we went out anyway. Sue me.

I refuse to care until Ige stops renewing his "emergency" order and all restrictions are lifted.

Then I will consider getting tested.

If this continues for much longer I am going to try my best to get it and spread it as much as possible, not like everyone isn't going to get it eventually anyway.

Armed guards at a wedding to enforce masks? Really? And I'm the baby? I'm ready to spit in health dept faces.

The only children here are the ones still hiding underneath the bed and continuing this farce.
(11-10-2021, 08:03 PM)malahini Wrote: I'm sick of living on plague island...

If this continues for much longer I am going to try my best to get it and spread it as much as possible, not like everyone isn't going to get it eventually anyway.

I'm looking forward to the yard sale.