Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the new Dominos in Pahoa is open
I didn't even mind the wait, because the ambience was so special.
I miss the "illegal pizza" in the acres, it was our motorcycle date night. You were not supposed to talk about it on social media. Rule #1 to pizza club. Great people running it. Very sorry if I violated my pizza oath. Were they hassled in to closing?
"Were they hassled in to closing?"

Yes. By covid.
(10-20-2022, 05:20 PM)My 2 cents Wrote: I didn't even mind the wait, because the ambience was so special.
I met some friends there on one occasion.  Although the musicians performing were not skilled the entertainment was appreciated.

Waited 90 minutes, still no sign of pizza anytime soon. Soyanara, guys!  I did mind the wait.
The wait is what made the pizza taste so good. I hope they come back soon. Happy they were not hassled for the "illegal pizza" thing.
Yeah, I was hoping they would reopen for Halloween, but it was not meant to be.

Yes, there were inefficiencies, mostly weed related, but it was good, and they didn't mind people bringing their own drinks, snacks, etc.
(10-18-2022, 07:51 PM)garymatt Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 01:49 AM)dayna Wrote: I had the gluten free pizza and it was really good. Its not safe for those with an actual wheat allergy.

I am so happy to be able to have pizza again, very tasty.

Also the mushrooms where fresh, not canned. Which made me extra happy. lol
Dominos ???  The mushrooms were FRESH?!?!  This from a national chain is absolutely astonishing and says a lot about this location. Letting you know that this is an informed statement. Over 30 years ago when things were a little simpler and cheaper, I worked at the biggest pizza chain and separately near the same time managed a competitor's store for several years. Canned mushrooms were the norm.

The only place I've seen canned mushrooms on a pizza was Little Caesars, but they do offer the option to pay more for fresh ones.

(10-20-2022, 05:35 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 01:49 AM)dayna Wrote: I had the gluten free pizza and it was really good. Its not safe for those with an actual wheat allergy.
Why is that (not safe), because they’re cooked on same surface as wheat pizzas?
Asking for a friend.

Yes. The crusts are made in a wheat / gluten free factory but subject to contamination in the restaurant.

Translation:  They are probably wheat / gluten free but they're not willing to risk a lawsuit over it.
I'm still going to take a buy local approach and support Boogie Woogie.
Me too. But just ONCE I think I want to order from Dominos for the sheer novelty of getting food delivered.
Certainty will be the death of us.
They use good bread for the sandwiches. I got a cheese steak last night. I ordered it online with extra meat (you'll probably be disappointed if you don't) and there was no upcharge! Seems like that's a glitch in the system.