Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
covid 2023
Terminology problem. Most "vaccination" results in "immunization", so people expected the same from the COVID "vaccine" even though it doesn't really work that way.
“BTW, due to all of the travel I do for work, I initially got the one-shot J&J just to get the get-out-of-jail card from getting on/off the planes.”

L-Dude, I think you just identified another big reason why so many people are saying “no” to the jabs now. It’s because they can. Without penalty or sacrifice, that is.
No explanation required:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention currently has Hawaii County ranked as high for hospital admissions, with 37.2 new COVID hospital admissions per 100,000 people over the past week. CDC ranks admission levels at 20 per 100,000 or above as high.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hawaii-vo...00439.html
(11-21-2023, 04:23 PM)leilanidude Wrote: ..No one really knows if the vax really does give milder cases or not. It is all subjective and individualized. Wife's two sisters have both had all of the shots and both have had severe cases and they are much younger folks.
That's quite well known, at least for the first two variants of Covid. Those would be "OG" and Delta.

For Omicron, I haven't heard.  Obviously the vaccine does provide an immune response, otherwise it wouldn't be allowed on the market.  That's the only bar a vaccine has to meet in order to qualify as a vaccine- To stimulate an immune response against the targeted bug.
I thought they were talking about combining it with a flu shot. A flu shot doesn't give you immunity either and I have been getting them for years.
I worked for a major airline and we always got them for free. We were all in contact with 1000's of germ carriers every day.
I haven't even had a cold since I retired. I used to average about 6 a year along with bronchitis about once a year.
I will continue to get every update that comes along.
I don't understand many posts in this thread. Look up the efficacy of any vaccine you're interested in. None of them are 100% reliable. Measles, mumps, polio, covid, 'flu, shingles, whooping cough, the lot. However, you stand a much better chance of surviving the illness and not having severe symptoms cf. to not having the vaccine. After a while, if enough people are vaccinated, you end up with herd immunity and the illness is no longer such a big threat although it never goes away. If you are vaccinated, on the off chance you are infected, you stand a much better chance of a good outcome.

(11-21-2023, 05:41 PM)kalakoa Wrote: Terminology problem. Most "vaccination" results in "immunization", so people expected the same from the COVID "vaccine" even though it doesn't really work that way.

What are you talking about?
Individually, you may never know if your COVID was mild because of the vaccine or your amazing immune system. But as a group, we definitely have statistical evidence that it made covid less severe and deadly:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm
"unvaccinated persons had 13.9 and 53.2 times the risks for infection and COVID-19–associated death, respectively, compared with fully vaccinated persons who received booster doses, and 4.0 and 12.7 times the risks compared with fully vaccinated persons without booster doses."
"I don't understand many posts in this thread. Look up the efficacy of any vaccine you're interested in. None of them are 100% reliable. "

The modern rabies vaccine is considered 100% reliable. It even works when given after exposure. Of course, it took them 100 years of working on it to get there, and the virus doesn't mutate significantly. (The first rabies vaccine was developed in 1885 by French scientists Louis Pasteur and Émile Roux.) When I was getting it I asked the nurse "how do they know this stuff works?" and she said, excellent question, and brought me the insert that came with the vaccine. It was this huge double-sided small-font document, folded up a dozen times so it would fit into a little box. It was kind of like unfolding a road map that one could never seem to get back together again. There was an amazing amount of information in the insert, including information about the human clinical trials. The trials for the modern vaccine were done in Iran or Iraq (I forgot) where they took a group of condemned prisoners and gave half of them the vaccine, and half got a placebo. All of them were made to be bitten by rabid dogs or wolves. 100% of the control group died of rabies, and 100% of the vaccinated group had no symptoms. I was kind of shocked that they would even put that in the vaccine insert, and the nurse let me keep it. I had it for years but eventually lost it. This information appears nowhere on the internet that I can find. It's like it got scrubbed from existence.

My aunt had four COVID jabs, got COVID a few months after the last one, and died from it. Maybe after they work on it for 100 years they will get it right.
My husband has had 3 muscle tears and 2 ligament tears since taking the first four covid shots after going his whole life with none. To qualify that further, these are from doing things like lifting a coffee cup or throwing a palm frawn.
(11-22-2023, 07:05 PM)terracore Wrote: ..

My aunt had four COVID jabs, got COVID a few months after the last one, and died from it.  Maybe after they work on it for 100 years they will get it right.
No, "they" won't. 

The flu vaccine has been with us for over 80 years, yet still isn't 100 percent effective in preventing infection much less death. \
This respiratory virus is the appropriate comparison to Covid, not rabies.