Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does it take to have sanitary conditions
Actually,fastech,I do have this opportunity - my property is in the walking distance.As far as taxes are concerned,I don't like them being increased either.

And BTW,there is no reason to be rude.
---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you,everyone,for the input,I got the answer.
Greg is right.
And the answer is - the outbreak of a flesh eating bacteria.
---------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.Hey,fastech,forgot to ask:

Do you bring your own bucket or just do it in the ocean?
quote:
Originally posted by StillHope

Actually,fastech,I do have this opportunity - my property is in the walking distance...

I can see it now "STILLHOPES LUA $2.00"
[Big Grin]

-------
Glob
It's really simple: If you want services, such as roads at toilets and popular public places, you will want everyone to chip in to pay for them. That's what taxes are.

If you want complete anarchy, with rough roads, no services, flies in ditches and loose hungry dogs, try certain parts of Mexico. The taxes are very, very low there.

You get what you pay for.
quote:
Originally posted by StillHope

Actually,fastech,I do have this opportunity - my property is in the walking distance.As far as taxes are concerned,I don't like them being increased either.

And BTW,there is no reason to be rude.
---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you,everyone,for the input,I got the answer.
Greg is right.
And the answer is - the outbreak of a flesh eating bacteria.
---------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.Hey,fastech,forgot to ask:

Do you bring your own bucket or just do it in the ocean?

Sorry, In the 40 to 50 times I've been down there I've never had to go so I haven't needed a bucket. I'm in control of my body and it's processes and I'm no spring chicken! Perhaps you should see a doctor if your having bowel/bladder problems. If you really live as close as you say why is it so hard to just go home?. BTW, I already caught the flesh eating virus once before - FROM A HOSPITAL IN COLORADO!!!!!
Fastech.... you are feisty today! Please reread, the question was raised on why all of the "good people" YOU have mentioned, the ones that resort to using the bushes & such, not to any of the members of this forum....

The fact that you do not forsee ANY time that you may need to go is one of the reasons WHY these "good people" that you have mentioned NEED TO USE THE BUSHES.... they, too, did not plan for the occasion when they would NEED to go, and so resort to going in the bushes, not in a sanitary way.

BTW, most native cultures do not utilize the water areas for their public potties, in fact, most have their own cultural taboos (kapus) AGAINST 'going' near the water... so your method is not only unsantiary, it is against most cultural ethics, and the way most of the islands waters were respected up until a FEW DECADES, when some felt it was their privy to use the areas around the waters as their privy... (thats right DECADES, not HUNDREDS of years...)
Fastech,again you are being rude.Well,I guess,you didn't have a good role model growing up.
I don't have any bladder problem but some people do.
I wasn't thinking of myself when I started the tread.
Please,read what Carey posted - she is one of the most knowledgeable and respectful people on the forum.
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

Fastech.... you are feisty today! Please reread, the question was raised on why all of the "good people" YOU have mentioned, the ones that resort to using the bushes & such, not to any of the members of this forum....

The fact that you do not forsee ANY time that you may need to go is one of the reasons WHY these "good people" that you have mentioned NEED TO USE THE BUSHES.... they, too, did not plan for the occasion when they would NEED to go, and so resort to going in the bushes, not in a sanitary way.

BTW, most native cultures do not utilize the water areas for their public potties, in fact, most have their own cultural taboos (kapus) AGAINST 'going' near the water... so your method is not only unsantiary, it is against most cultural ethics, and the way most of the islands waters were respected up until a FEW DECADES, when some felt it was their privy to use the areas around the waters as their privy... (thats right DECADES, not HUNDREDS of years...)

Thank you,Carey!

Cultural taboo of the real native Hawaii people speaks for itself.
couldn't resist this one. This is actually a better reason not to go to black sand. If the state steps in and constructs facilities. Adds a life guard tower. Then they will start ticketing the nudies.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Heh Heh, good to hear you folks focus on something worth standing up for. I've been a part of this forum for years but under my real name, not fastech. So I am no stranger to all of you. I've just recently started posting - since May. I frequent many different forums, 8 in all and I'm known as one of the most constructive and easiest going members on all of them. Too bad this forum is full of a bunch of whiny cry babies that are in conflict with what is. To come to Hawaii and complain about the way things are is what holds all of us back. This prevailing "better than thou" attitude is why you have natives throwing rocks at us whities. Why cant you all be constructive rather than crying about the way things are. If you want a toilet go get a permit and build and maintain one - see how far you get. It wont happen, why? Because the powers that be don't want anything changed. The sooner you people that want things changed realize this the better. What is, is what is. Accept it and move on. Dont try to change what isn't yours to change.[:o)]
"I, me, my"- you're an awesome dude/dudette. Thank you for gracing us whiney white folk with your constructive contributions.

You've really changed my outlook with your wisdom.

Now I see Kehena on a bright Sunday as filled with 199 drumming, partying people with nowhere to dookie.......and one wise kamaaina who can control his sphincter.

By the way, it's not the fat turd lying on the beach you've got to watch out for; it's the viscid slippery jellyfish like stuff that's hard to see floating in the water.

Put an environmentally sound, modular, dookie containment device (portapotty) at the top. Anyone having a problem with it could find another "alternative" spot to swimm with Peter and the jellyfish.