Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
centepede bite - helpful advice needed
I awoke one night to the persistant sound of; BDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD......................BDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD............................BDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...........What the hell? I turned on the light and saw a gigantic centipede on the motor of our ceiling fan trying to crawl down through the rotating blades of the fan. It was like cards on the spokes of a bicycle from hell! Evil! The bugger neva give up. I had to get on a chair with a can of raid and that just chased him into the motor. Don't read this if you're just going to bed..........oops, too late.
oh man, Greg, that was evil.
*going to bed now, perchance to dream*
quote:
Originally posted by oink

Golden shower?

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

hey, take it easy Oink. We are talking centipede sting here, not water sports of the South[Wink] On a serious note. Back in the 70's I was stung twice in one night in my house in Lahaina. I awoke this night to the stinging pain that only a centipede can deliver on my upper arse! Upon flying out of bed in the dark. I wildly started sweeping off my bed sheet with hand. Without much fanfare, the centipede slipped onto the floor waiting for his next act to begin. As I was do my best impression of a "Mexican Hat Dance", at 2:30 a.m.....it then happened. "Bam", stung again, this time on bottom of foot! At that point, my "Mexican Hat Dance", turned into my best impression of Ratso Rizzo! "I'm walking here", came mumbling out of my mouth. By now my 'Blue Russian', and girlfriend are both awake and quite frankly are enjoying this form of entertainment...at my expense I might add.
I'm not sure about urine a remedy for centipede sting. I think a "mud pack" will work better!!

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Got bit again last night. Twice in 30 hours or so. Other foot this time. THIS REALLY SUCKS.

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Say whaat? [:0]

How did that happen? [?]

So sorry! [Sad]
Andrew,

So sorry to hear about your "sting" of bad luck. (Sorry, bad pun.) Now the question is, what'd you do to piss off those centipedes?

Looking at the bright side...a couple more stings and you'll be immune to da buggahs!

I'm with esnap, a couple beers might be called for...

Tim
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
How are going to get the centipedes to drink the beer?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
This time it was inside. Couldn't sleep so I went out to the living room and laid out on the couch and turned the TV on. 1 minute later was up with a shriek doing a strange combo of the Mexican Hat Dance and the Scotch Highland Fling. Every muscle from my scalp to my heels pushed up all at once with an extraordinary propulsion. Didn't find the TV remote till the next day. Turned on the light and found the hideous fiend scurrying across the floor. By this time Tina thinking that some sort of exorcism was taking place came out to find me hitting it repeatedly with a hard cover book. The little (insert expletives of choice here) wouldn't die. Finally got a hammer and flattened its skull. Tina performed a navy burial down the porcelain swirl.

This one was even worse it actually bit me twice and it was pretty large and black. Still have quite a bit of pain. Nasty (insert expletives of choice here).

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Man that sucks. Very well written account, for sure!

After I got bitten in bed in the middle of the night, and then found another in the bathroom sink one night, I hired a pest contractor. A small price to pay for some peace of mind.

I couldn't get into bed without searching all my covers, under the bed, etc. for at least a month after THE INCIDENT.

I chose Bowman's Termite and Pest, good about keeping the toxicity level down. The owner and his tech, and the office person, all couldn't be nicer and I would recommend them enthusiastically.

Because clearly you have a population there and it needs to be knocked down as they increase exponentially ... and you need to figure out how/why it got into your house ... unless it was something obvious like the doors were open.
Centepedes only bite nice people.