Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap, low-usage cell phone plan needed for HPPNW
Just re-uupped T-Mobile minutes from HPP ... They 'expire' in a year.

aloha,
pog
No need to buy a new one. All you need to do to make it work,is simple place it in salt. This will absorb the moisture,and it will work again. Or if you have a gas stove, place it in the oven w/out it on, does the same thing. Smilehttp://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

quote:
Originally posted by Larry T

I use a Tracfone in lower HPP. my wife just gave my old phone a bath in the ocean so I have to buy a new one. The phone plus 120 min. was $20 free shipping. If you want give me a cross street and I will test it when I get the new one next week.

Too bad that remedy doesn't work for digital cameras that took a bath in the ocean....!
YEP on that one ... even "water proof" ones that have the tiniest, you-would-never-think-it-would-effect-WP-performance-but-it-did/does-dings .
mahalo, jerry. might be just what we're looking for.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

I have to agree about net 10. I have their service and I am up to 3000+ minutes because I don't use it much. I like knowing just what my monthly cost is, and it seems to have coverage wherever anyone else has coverage. Plus, they remind you to buy more minutes, and it is simple to do on the internet. Mine did not work down in the Seaview/Palisades area, but seemed okay most other places on my last two visits. Peggy

quote:
Originally posted by csgray

Net-10 is the cheapest system available for low use users. I won't go into the details but basically $15 a month gets you 300 minutes, of which any unused minutes accumulate so if there is a really big crisis in HPP and all your people start burning minutes you have them available. The phones and cards are available at Walmart, OfficeMax or online. My husband is frugal beyond belief, researches the hell out of stuff, and he picked this plan for our rarely used cell. Net10.com is the site. We are in escrow for a house in HPP so our interest isn't purely academic.

Carol

Peace and long life
Does anyone know if Hawaii's Walmart's have the "Smart Talk" phone (4 models) & "Smart Talk" Plans(carrier is Verizon)? We want a phone/carrier w/ good reception/few dead zones here (Oregon) & on the Island when we're there (own a lot in HPP). We're more concerned about how well this ("Smart Talk") would work on the Island than the price. Thanks for any info. you may have!