Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna
I think its vitamin B3, the Dr told me to take it but did not tell me about the effects, after thinking I was dieing, I told him where he could put them.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
I don't live my life according to federal or state standards or regulations, nor do I live in fear of being "caught". That is what liberty, democracy and true freedom is all about. That is why we don't live in a dictatorship. If nobody exercised their human rights because it went against some federal guideline then we'd all be like robots, putting our full, blind faith in agencies like the FDA. I respect others, and look to do nobody any harm. Unfortunately, some have become so close-minded and brainwashed that they are not willing to give others freedoms that they themselves chose not to enjoy.
I thought this was about "compassionate" co-ops for medical cannabis users, not a forum to debate the morals of consuming marijuana.
Fact is, that the incompetence and/or unwillingness of our Governor on this issue has left patients without recognized safe, and reliable sources of a state recognized medicine without going to private, "illegal" sources. So you might say it is a case of entrapment.
Bottom line is: Lingle and the State of Hawaii have an obligation to protect(its)law abiding citizens.
State law does not trump Federal Law its the other way around... if you want dope to be legal you better start working your Federal Congressmen and Senators.
I don't know much about our Representatives, but my guess is the are not for legalization. But that is where it needs to start.

By the way, if you want a system that lets the states make the laws, you should start voting Republican... The Democratic Party has always thought that the Federal government is where the power is and should, Republican Party wants to put most of the power in the States. Read up on it.

HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
unlike so many confused Americans Jon, I don't vote Dem. or Rep., I vote for who I think is the best candidate. As far as your comments on Fed law versus State law, perhaps you and many feds need to re-read the Constitution of the United States of America. Just because the Fed has operated in a certain way does not mean that is how it is supposed to be. Otherwise there would be no need for state legislature or local law makers, we'd just let the feds make all the decisions. That is not the principles on which this nation was founded. Are you a Fed Jon, 'cause you sure sound like one! Perhaps you welcome more uniformity and globalization. I support diversity, human rights and individuality.
But I've allowed myself to be swayed off subject again.
The subject is within the state. Hawaii has a medical marijuana program that we can barely call a program because is leaves it's own citizen/patients out to dry when faced with federal opposition and gives them no means to secure medicine legally. This is the equivalent of the state authorizing the prescription of a pill, yet leaving the patient no legal means of acquiring the pill outside the "black market". That is unacceptable and a poor,poor example of leadership and public service.
Keep up the good work, Rasman.
Your patience and caring are appreciated by many of us who just can't handle arguing with a brick wall every day Smile

Thanks!

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
The medical marijuana issue is a prime example of how the Republican party does NOT favor state's rights, unless the state aligns with values of the Republican party (e.g., anti-labor, pro-foreign corporation (Toyota), anti-choice, anti-gay...). If it doesn't you could expect the Republican administration to bring the hammer down. California voted for medical marijuana; the Republican administration raided the medical marijuana dispensers. California instituted lower emissions standards for cars; the Republican administration overrode these regulations. Hawaii court's extended the right of marriage to same-sex couples; the Republican Congress passed the Defense of Marriage Act (true, it was signed by Bill Clinton, which shows the hypocrisy of the "sanctity of marriage" argument).

Republicans are quicker to interfere with state's rights than are Democrats. Democrats GOT this anti-state's rights reputation when they insisted on equal rights for blacks in the South, and insisted that the schools be integrated. Republicans: a proud tradition of hypocrisy.
I really don't want Punaweb to wander down the road of left/right bashing. I know Jon started it but would ask you all to not take the bait.

Jon, You appear to be trolling.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by james: Keep up the good work, Rasman.
Your patience and caring are appreciated by many of us who just can't handle arguing with a brick wall every day Smile

WTF, jon was talking reason. rasman appears to be advocating anarchy. Sure, everyone breaks some laws, like speeding a bit or rolling a stop sign but in the big picture if we choose and pick which laws we will obey or ignore the result is anarchy. Hawaii State can pass laws that are contrary to Fed law but they mean nothing. Until you get the national pot laws changed it's a legal no go. And yes, Republicans are the traditional states rights party, or used to be. You won't see it swing back towards states rights any time soon (at least four years).

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Ditto on James comment Rasman. Excellent posts.

I think there have been court rulings on the limits of the feds re. state medical policy. Will have to google it and re-read.
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
i have done it and bad news....even the governement can decide to put you in jail even if you do it for them