Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
health food store
from BISS this morning - thank you Kele

http://www.alternet.org/environment/1419...age=entire

insiders view of whole foods
THAT was one ono article Bullwinkle! Thanks for posting it. Kele, thank you too.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
Around here (San Francisco Bay Area) we call Whole Foods "Whole Paycheck." But they are the only place around with a good array of gluten-free foods and sheep yogurt, so I go there for very select purchases. I never get out of there for under $50.00 though.
Erlinda,
Why would anyone feed their sheep yogurt?
[Wink]

punatoons
>>>Why would anyone feed their sheep yogurt?

So the sheep can convert the yogurt into feta cheese, silly! [Wink]
While I hope they all stay in business a big part of me is glad that I won't have to go to the Natch as much. After their massive price increases that began last year when gas went way up, and stayed up even after gas went way down, I just got sick of them. The store in Pahoa was better when it was independent. Their new Hilo location is out of the way, and I just can't see going there very often. I hope the competition helps improve them all and lower prices.
I was curious - is Mike Gabbard involved with Down to Earth?

John D, Glen ? anyone. I heard this rumor today but cant substantiate it.
"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me."
-Dudley Field Malone
Rob, their rent and terms are supposedly a lot better in the Hilo Shopping Center, so the prices should reflect that. Competition is good too.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
quote:
Originally posted by Laughing_girl

I was curious - is Mike Gabbard involved with Down to Earth?

John D, Glen ? anyone. I heard this rumor today but cant substantiate it.

try reading this: http://mikegabbard.info/mikegabbard/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=26

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

We went to the new Island Naturals store today. Parking was OK, we found a spot right in front of the store (lucky, as the lot was crowded and it was raining steadily). The store is quite spacious, and there seem to be more employees than before. The bad news is that in spite of their having advertised new lower prices, most items in the store seem to be 10-30% more than Abundant Life (we went there right after).