Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DiveHilo Scuba Club
Kahunascott:

Great you folks can make it out. See if you can get down to Nautilus (They are closed Sunday) to pick up a couple of tanks. The onion pie sounds awesome. See you tomorrow.

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Pam, Cathie and I will be kayaking with one of Jim and Carey's boats. I don't know if we'll do any snorkeling or not. Diving? maybe next time.Wink

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Kahunascot, Richardsons is almost at the end of Hwy 19 (Kalanianaole Ave), about 4-5 miles down from Kens Pancake, and about a mile further than Seasie (4 MIle - Carlsmith & James Kealoha Beaches)
We also have a lot of cherry tomatos, so everyone has to take some.
Aloha, Carey

Scott...what about FRUIT PIZZA??????

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
As you know Fruit Pizza is very SPECIAL.
So we are saving it for the party in Oct.
This way more can enjoy it not just us cool divers....Soon we shall share with all

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
I am cryingin my wheaties because I was all ready for fruit pizza, but you are right... it will be all the more sweet by waiting!

FOR EVERYONE: We cancelled the first dive meet because of weather, and then it turned into the most beatuifl dive day by 10 or 11 am, so this time I will be there by 9:30 or so to get our spot and wait it out. Hope you will be joining me.

Andrew finds himself pretty sick with an upper respiratory infection and will not be joining us. That means our photographer is not available. If anyone has a camera, bringit along!

Aloha, and see you at the beach.

Pam

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Hey there wet-ones!
Hope it was heaps of fun.

Just a little something to file away in your nautical noggins for future reference:

Jack's Diving Locker over in Kona has a club that offers its members ultra-cheapie boat-dives once a month.

Some are day dives, some are night dives, and most have a theme of sorts: honu, inveretebrates, mantas, whatever.

Once you've paid your initial $35.00 membership fee and have actually gone on one of their dives, all future dives average out to ridiculously cheap. (1/2-price, and in some cases even less)

Their elaborate water-logged website seems to be down at the moment, unfortunately. However next time I happen to see that it's up, I'll post the 2006 list of dives, themes, prices, etc.

I'm pretty sure they're all booked for the rest of this year, however it may be worthwhile for those of you for whom this strikes a chord, to kinda keep an eye out for future developments.

Now go soak your regulators!
And take a nap.
Nap is good! I didn't dive but kayaked a little, snorkeled a bit, enjoyed the company of others, and had great food! It was a perfect day all around.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Wonderful!
Glad it turned out to be a sunny/fun day!

Here's that site I mentioned...they must've simply chosen the exact same nanosecond I thought of them to schedule a maintenance-hiccup!

http://www.jacksdivinglocker.com/diveclu...e_Club.htm

I am tired, I am sunburned, I am tired... did I mention tired? I also was properly chastised for losing my dive buddies AGAIN.... and in spite of that all, I had a great day... couldn't have been better, unless I had been less tired! LOL

Mahalo to everyone who showed up. We all had a great time. Apparently I had more fun than I knew. While I was busy scoping a 3 foot long turtle, spinner dolphins were swimming all around me. Wooo hooooo... you gotta love the ocean in Hawaii!

We had a rescue by a lifeguard.... Jenny is fine though the kayak is apparently less than well. The rocks won.

We had a GREAT invitation from the local lifeguards for our next meeting. They said to invite them on over and they will give us a safety tip talk about the conditions on that day. It was pretty rough out there today. All in all everyone did great.

As for our "big" announcment... we have scored the sponsorship of Big Island Spearguns, a dive shop in Hilo. Seems they are moving into the Scuba arena. If you mention that you are a member of DiveHilo Dive Club, you will receive a 10% discount on anything in the store, even clearance and sale items. There prices are already extremely competitive so check them out. We will be forming some kind of coupon/flyer with their address information. Frankly, I am too tired to find their business card. My bad, but I will get it out here in a day or two.

To those of you who allowed yourselves to be rained out.. SHAME ON YOU... you should know Hilo better than that by now. At 8 it was pouring and by 10 the sun was shining, and I have the sunburn to prove it.

We basically decided to keep Richardson's Beach Park as our location for a while; it has all the facilities we need for all the water sports. This gives our divers time to match up with buddies and go on excursions to find other places for a few months on non-club-event dives.

All in all, things are going extremely well and I am proud to have you all as my Hawaiian Water Friends.
Aloha, Pam

"Oh Crap, She's up!"