Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boogie Woogie Pizza
IMO: I tried Boogie Woogie 4 times and it was always bad for one reason or another...or many. If we did manage to get it on time (by pick up) the sauce is simply too sweet, the crust just ok and the whole pie is barely passable. I would rather time my pizza cravings for a Hilo run to either Big Island Pizza or Pizza Hawaii. Or make it myself.
We frequently meet with friends at our home and one or the other will go out of our way to Hilo to bring a pizza as opposed to the closer Boogie Woogie. It can't compare and is worth the extra trouble...sadly. I wish there was a better option closer.
I love Paulo's for other Italian food and haven't had a pizza there yet, but I know instinctively (as an Italian), that it would be better than my other choice in Pahoa. I plan to order there next time I want one...until something else comes up.
I don't think anyone should settle for "OK" pizza but I also am aware the others like chain and frozen pizza for convenience. Personally, I do not care for the additives and unnatural ingredients. The timing is not as important as the finished product for me.
It all comes down to a matter of preference but I wish our local pizza was better than it is.

Wyline
Wyline
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

Aloha Spunky! I get it about BW and your experience.

There is another that shall remain nameless restaurant in Pahoa that everyone loves but us. We even went in with friends who like it and they were appalled at the service and mediocrity when we all went together. I just figured it was us. If I even denigrate it on my own FB page, I get told it is just us.

LOL, Cat. Would that be Kaleo's? Well, it's not just you. The Bear, a friend, and I went there recently and it was pretty lame. The atmosphere was hurried and noisy, and the food mediocre at best. One dish was awful, one fair, and one quite good. I lucked out and got the good one. The other two were quite disappointed. I could go on, but I don't want to hijack the thread any farther.
On a semi related note - does anyone know where I can get ready-made pizza dough? The kind you cook and make your own pizza? I don;t like frozen pizzas and like to cook - just making the dough from scratch takes a while. I've checked KTA and Safeway - neither have. The great thing with the ready-made dough is that you can more than just pizza. Curious if anyone knows where I can get some.
Any of you guys forward this thread over to BW yet ?

Would they care ?

just wondering,
pog
Someone we had met. (trying to help him and his family as they were homeless) saw the help wanted sign at BW and was hired immediately to start making pizza's[Sad] After he left, we stopped eating at BW.

I also think the problem with many restaurants, unless the owner is there keeping tabs on what is going on, the quality goes down and the food ends up being mediocre!
We had to wait over 90 minutes twice at BW, will never go there again, not even good pizza.
Well...yes...they do take about twice as long as they originally quote. But the pizza is good...so...unless something better comes along...I'll call them when I want a good pizza.

I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face and I'd rather keep the money local than buy a store bought and pay HELCO prices to bake it!

After all...we live here for a reason...and it's not to find the best pizza!

Stop Whining! Vote with your money!
"Vote with your money!"
Without making any defense of Boogie Woogie on their delivery times.....

I have mostly had them prepare the pizza in a timely manner. On a couple of occasions it was not so. I do know that the owners and crew there work very hard in front of a hot oven and a restaurant is an exhausting business. My girls have always liked their pizza and I would advocate giving them the benefit of the doubt if you have not tried their food.

I won't hesitate to order there again.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by hikatz

Someone we had met. (trying to help him and his family as they were homeless) saw the help wanted sign at BW and was hired immediately to start making pizza's[Sad]

So was he/she so dirty or what's up with[Sad]?
quote:
Originally posted by DanielP
Anyone try the pizza at Paolo's? Yummy
When did Paolo start making pizzas? Gosh, I haven't been there since I rented my house out, but I don't recall seeing pizza on the menu there before. BTW, IMHO, it's one of the best Italian restaurants in the whole state, and I'm with the "anti" group in regards to Kaleo's.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://KonaBoardOfRealtors.info)
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html