Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP got lucky with Hell.Co, how about your area?
DanielP, PW operating committee must be proud of a member like you.

Back to the topic - I believe that all Seaview (not a couple of "units")will not get their money.
And might be most of the people in Puna too.
For those like you who can afford to have 2 houses( in CA and Puna)
and the land in Puna $2-8 K might be a pocket change.

But there are much more people in Puna for whom it is a considerable amount of money.

And if Hell.Co recovers all their money why the customers can not?
I didn't know that list existed. Very cool. I see 4 of the 20 on our unit paid. I thought only 3 paid. The guy who owns the lot directly across from mine didn't pay after all. You should have seen the look on the poor guys face when, after driving 6 1/2 miles off the highway, in the pouring rain, staring at ohia after ohia and he saw my ole' man and I all muddy and greasy after tearing off the axle on the ole' Dodge.

Poor baby, he had on dress shoes, what looked like silk pants & smelled like suntan lotion. Must have been horrible for him...lol

Most of the other's on our unit have addresses in other countries.
Doubt we'll be seeing a dime.
2800 seems cheap, and it was voluntary
I have no idea what this thread is about. Could someone explain?
We bought an existing house in HPP, does it apply to us?
DanielP,can you say the same to a person in Hawaiian Acres who paid $8000?

But you seem to keep steering the conversation back to the price when I said it at least twice that it's not the point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rbakker,when someone buys land and needs to get electricity they pay $2-8 K to Helco to get connected.It used to be paid in installments but now -in full,cash only.
It was supposed to be a refundable money when more people in the "unit" get connected.I don't know if the owner of your house already received the refund but some people in lower HPP did.
Now I am being told by Helco that 15-year limit... (Anyway,read from the beginning).
Mine was 12K and glad to get it.
I know someone who got a great deal on 3 acres and when they contacted Helco, the SSPP fee was 35K! Project Pau!
Haven't read this document in detail; however, it looks like any refunds, if applicable, of 'customer advances' are discussed in Section F.

http://www.helcohi.com/vcmcontent/HELCO/...e_13-S.pdf
The money you paid was not a deposit but a "customer advance." Section F.1. of the SSPP agreement does not say that this money will be refunded to you. It says that excess money (money that exceeds the total cost of the line extension) would be refunded to you. So, unless, lots of your neighbors suddenly sign up for the SSPP, to the extent that Helco receives more than it costs to put in your unit's lines, you are not getting any money back. Let it go and move on.
quote:
Originally posted by StillHope...
Rbakker,when someone buys land and needs to get electricity they pay $2-8 K to Helco to get connected.It used to be paid in installments but now -in full,cash only....

I thought only if it was under $2000 did it have to be in full?

Has this changed?
quote:
Originally posted by Aki

Haven't read this document in detail; however, it looks like any refunds, if applicable, of 'customer advances' are discussed in Section F.

http://www.helcohi.com/vcmcontent/HELCO/...e_13-S.pdf

SH,where does it say anything about 15 years?