Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will you do if/when Ebola gets here?
There you go Paul, you used a citation... next time try quoting the pertinent passage too.
Unfortunately for you Paul, seeking the most up to date information didn't work out for you this time.
Your citation is dated September 2014. The one I cited is dated Oct 6, 2014.
The devils in the details. Keep up to date.
As per the remainder of your drivel... no settings have been changed on my tablet, nor will they be.

BTW... It was a pleasure to help you learn something new today.

quote:
Originally posted by Obie

All you need to worry about now is not having sex with a male survivor !!!

I'm not too worried !

Really? I suppose having sex with a female who contracted the virus from a male survivors sperm is A-okay then?
LOL
That's priceless.
I'm sure many here are familiar with Norovirus or what is sometimes called the "cruise ship disease".
Here's a post pointing out the transmission similarities between it and Ebola.
An interesting read.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3214371/posts

I unfortunately just read something about a research study that showed the ebola can live on a glass surface at 39 degrees F. for up to 50 days. CDC says it can live in "puddles" for several days. (I'm assuming, outside, under normal conditions)
The Ebola virus can be killed by boiling for 5 minutes (at 212 degrees).

Lava is 2000 degrees.

Stay in Puna, and you've got almost 1800 degrees to spare.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Rev. Al on MSNBC did a brilliant segment today, mentioned the lava, had video of it (and news), paraphrasing, he said unless lava is in your driveway, get out and vote - and, same segment, tied it up with pointing out the only issue they have this go around, that they are ALL united on, and it fits so nicely in their decades long agenda of fear and misinformation - ebola.
"As per the remainder of your drivel... no settings have been changed on my tablet, nor will they be."

Yes, I noticed that in another post where you hilariously chose the same wrong word about a half-dozen times.
Stay in school, kids.

Meanwhile, still no need for Ebola hysteria in the US, let alone Hawaii. Thanks, CDC.
Paulw,
It's been 2 days since that conversation took place. Obviously you're really struggling with the whole issue. Would you like to come over for a beer and a big bear hug?
This was the UK's DSTL study. Tissue infected with Ebola was stored on the glass surface, not the virus by itself. Mucus with virus lasted longer than the virus by itself, infected tissue lasted longest. Since ebola patients generally aren't shedding tissue, this isn't as worrisome as it sounds.

quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulie

I unfortunately just read something about a research study that showed the ebola can live on a glass surface at 39 degrees F. for up to 50 days. CDC says it can live in "puddles" for several days. (I'm assuming, outside, under normal conditions)

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Well, I guess that explains the specific danger that cadavers present, with this specific bug. So weird really. Also, the bushmeat.