Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
over-the-air TV channels in Orchidland?
If anyone is not aware, you could use this link (there are others) http://www.antennapoint.com
to hopefully get the position of your place and the locations of any signal transmitters that you may be able to receive.

rAy....

Eschew Obfuscation.....
Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Excellent link, Ray. Thanks.

Greg

--- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left ---
Does anybody on the east side get channel 6.1 or do the mountains just completely block it? I'd have to re-aim my antenna to even scan for it.
No luck with 6.1 on the east side-- unfortunately it's completely blocked. They'd need a second transmitter.

However, some of their locally originated programming is available online at http://klei.tv
To bring this up to speed, there should be 13 OTA channels for most of us with the addition of the three 45 channels. Please post here if your mileage is different.
I have never gotten the 45s. Where do you aim your antenna to get them?
For the 45's, point towards the Saddle.

There's 2 more channels on the way before the close of 2015 that I'm aware of.
Not in Orchidland, lower HPP instead. I get:

45-1
45-2
45-3
04-1
04-2
10-1
10-2
11-1
11-2
14-1

09-1 but it's often down and not really worth it.

That's all. Only others I can think of are the 13-* channels, but they are too weak here. The 45 channels come in if my antenna points to Hilo, but I think this is more of an art than science.
quote:
Originally posted by MarkP

I have never gotten the 45s. Where do you aim your antenna to get them?

Basically to get them, I had to rotate my antenna a little bit to the left.

ETA: Anybody know the 2 more channels that are coming?
One of them will be a local weather channel. Both of them were actually up for about 48 hours in August with test patterns, but the final amplifier burnt out and needs to be replaced. It was an expensive malfunction-- the delay is purely financial. Used equipment with no warranties. Whoops!

In addition to those two channels, the Channel 34 that used to be owned by Trinity Broadcasting Network was purchased in a bulk nationwide low-power TV transaction by the company that owns RetroTV. They've been slowly activating these stations and usually set them up with the following lineup: (.1) RetroTV, (.2) PBJ/classic kids programming, (.3) The Family Channel, (.4) TuffTV, and (.5) home shopping.

No approximation on the RetroTV station on 34. The FCC extended the construction expiration dates for all digital low power TV stations indefinitely due to some spectrum concerns that don't really effect Hilo stations.