Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP General Membership Meeting this Sunday
can someone please define "fugitive dust".... is it like 25000 ppm of ambiant air for a duration of 39 minutes of the day or what????? mahalo
at 25,000ppm it would be more like chewing than breathing
The dust is no different than the VOG we have to deal with, yet we continue to live and breath it everyday.

I guess we all should be evacuated since the air we breath is unhealthy[:0] Good grief, what a drama this is turning out to be, when it shouldn't even be an issue.
I'll fill out my surveys, if I get any. It seems I only get a small percentage of mailings.

My inclination would be to consult a lawyer who specializes in that type of law (not the County attorney) and then probably wait for the State to make the next move.

Is it something HPP has done that is causing increased dust? If it's cinders, that HPP has put down, that is causing the problem, then remove them and go with the natural bumps and holes.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
If HPP would use screened crushed rock, instead of cinder, it would start to mitigate the fugitive dust. I believe that this would satisfy DOH.
HPP quit using cinders a couple of years ago. Some people have been claiming that the dust increased when they switched to crushed rock.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Someone mentioned that the health issue with the material used on our roads is that it contains silica, a carcinogen. If that's true, then we would solve part of the problem by changing to a different gravel.

I'm curious if anyone knows why the decision was made to continue with the original paving project when the cost of materials more than doubled and they knew they no longer had enough funds to finish the project?

I think the only way we will get all the roads paved is if the state or county agrees to match our funds with public money to complete the project. They would have to make similar offers to other subdivisions but some wouldn't be able to raise enough funds to meet the matching requirement.
Don't forget, all drivers pay a gasoline tax.
Our Councilman[8] Fred Blas suggested "just water the roads" At the HPPOA candidate Forum.

I was shown a cost breakdown of that suggestion putting on 1/2 inch of water on 85 miles of dirt roads.
It came out to over 2 million gallons of water
and would take 700 (3000 gal)truck loads,
to do it once a week would take 18 trucks running full time, and would cost about $100,000 per application.

Great idea Fred!
From Thomas Gray's poem, Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1742): "Where ignorance is Blas, 'tis folly to be wise."[1]

Would there be someone willing to set up a FAQ / Info page Not controlled by the Hui

there is a lot of history to the HPP issues and no one place to get accurate Info. the meeting minutes posted on the hui's page are so edited that they are mostly fiction, I've been to bod meetings then read the minutes and the two had no similarities except the list of people there
quote:
Originally posted by csgray

HPP quit using cinders a couple of years ago. Some people have been claiming that the dust increased when they switched to crushed rock.

Carol

Notice I said "screened" (removes the fines)