Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow
Give it a month or less and this place will be closed. Horrible choices all around from the location to to chefs. Someone who says they are that successful surely should be able to afford a better location and pay the cooks a reasonable wage, clearly the owner is only concerned about profit and not the people or community.
The best bar-B-Que I've had has always been from little hole in the wall roadside dives, and the worst value for the money was from places with white table clothes, napkins, and "chefs". Bar-B-Que is supposed to be a food of the people, not fancy cooking with fancy chefs earning fancy salaries.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
It's not a real restaurant it's a run down dump that pays the line cook $7.25/hr which means your gonna get what you pay for in terms of quality. The prices are also outrageous! If the owner has the audacity to charge people in puna high prices at least pay the cook adequately and make the food good!
Then go to Smoking Jo's! It's 200% better and it's fresh and affordable. Always friendly service.
One Note JohnP,
I wasn't talking to you. You already made your point, now let the rest of us have a conversation.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/sections...mfort.html unfortunately, they did not last long

It is a very tough to start any business in this economy, East Hawaii double whammy! You don't know what arrangement he has worked out with his staff. I think he is smart, to start small and see what happens.
JohnP, over the years, I have seen too many restaurants in Hilo fail, lot of broken dreams! Many of the local restaurants do pay minimum wage and under, but they treat the employees well. A few restaurant owners here as an extra bonus take all their staff for a yearly Las Vegas trip.[Smile

http://www.minimum-wage.org/states.asp?state=Hawaii

Haaa what employer is that? Again nothing wrong with min wage for fast food workers or waiters making tips but for an experienced line cook that's a pathetic joke! Expect low quality food if all he can offer to pay the line cook is min wage. No excuses that's pathetic.
What days is the restaurant open, will they close earlier if they run out of food, phone # ? I may have missed this information in a previous post. Somehow the topic got sidetracked
JohnP you sound like a busted record. Wanna say it sucks? Wanna say how horrible it is to pay minimum wage for line cook?

Fine... Make your point and move on... You don't need to repeat the same thing over and over... It's getting old!
Mr. Tucker do you want to advise johnp about the number of post per day, this guy sounds like a broken record.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....