Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carjacking This Morning - Suspect Being Sought
Thank you, Tom. Good news! Curious what his bail will be. (Rolling my eyes)

Kelena, you do rock. [Smile]

Now to catch the rest of them terrorizing our community. Good feedback from all of you, as always. Mahalo.
Bail? Well, he has a bit of a record already, so carjacking I guess might up it to $10,000 or so. Yes, I'm being a little cynical, I hope it's a hell of a lot more.

[edit] - Wish the amount this cost the MK observatories could be added to the bail. This caused some disruption to many of the observatories' operations today.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
Afwjam, I really was wondering where the hell you were in all the gun stuff ... LOL ... How did you resist so long ? Come on man, get with the program, you missing it !

Oh and Kelena ... This latest one epic.

mahalo,
pog
I resisted because I thought it was Robs wishes.
Good on ye, I respect that !

That said .. Everyone seems to be pulling pants down to show true colors so what the hell ...

for real,
pog
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Bail? Well, he has a bit of a record already, so carjacking I guess might up it to $10,000 or so.

Probably $5K each for the carjacking, firearm, and previous record, so $15K.

To get a higher bail, you have to sell weed.
I say we start caning.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Bring back the stocks. Oh and the chain gang too!
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
Check it out, update (pic at link):

http://damontucker.com/2013/08/01/bail-s...cker-rios/

At 2:20 p.m. Wednesday (July) detectives charged him with second-degree robbery, unauthorized control of a propelled vehicle, resisting an order to stop, reckless driving, driving with a suspended license, unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle, two counts of fourth-degree theft and two counts of leaving the scene of an accident.

He was also charged with second-degree assault and second-degree terroristic threatening for an incident that occurred shortly before the carjacking episode. In that case, a 55-year-old Hilo man received injuries to his face during an assault in the Wainaku area of Hilo.

Bail for Rios was set at $61,500. He was held at Hawaii Community Correctional Center for an unrelated contempt of court warrant pending his court appearance scheduled for Thursday (August 1).

(My note: Bail @ $61,500. Whatever. JMO)
Well, certainly higher bail than I forecasted, but that was a pretty cynical prediction. I've never had to go through this process myself, fortunately, so what does this actually mean? There are bail/bond companies out there that'll post the bail for you from what I understand, but assume something must be put up by the suspect. I have a figure of 10% in my mind, probably from something I read elsewhere. Anyone know if this is accurate?

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/