Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tap water is discolored in Hilo
"They add lots of goodies to the water supply."

Sun-
1) "Additives" are different from "contaminants." Additives are purposely included in the water supply at a specified ratio. An example of this is chlorine to disinfect any bacteria that might be present. Most of the other items on your list are contaminants that unintentionally enter the water supply through runoff or groundwater.

2) Those other items you listed can be found in water supplies somewhere on planet earth, probably none of them are found in Hawaii Island water system except chlorine. Any side effects or health effects from ingesting small amounts of chlorine are minimal compared to the health problems that can occur from water borne bacteria present on this island. If someone doesn't like chlorine in their water, A Britta water filter for $20 will remove almost all traces of chlorine.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The county water here tastes the best of anywhere I've lived. I don't usually even filter it.
Sun,
Whom do you find most inspirational; Tony Clifton, Borat, Ali G or Bruno Gehard?

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.
quote:
Originally posted by UJ: The county water here tastes the best of anywhere I've lived. I don't usually even filter it.
I agree. The Hilo side water is the best "city" water I've ever tasted. It could be filled with junk as far as I know but it sure tastes good. I don't know if the County water is as good throughout the island.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

Sun,
Whom do you find most inspirational; Tony Clifton, Borat, Ali G or Bruno Gehard?

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.

I like the Borat
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

I think Sun was doing a hatchet job on our county water - which may be among the best in the country. His list of water "additives" sounded like surface water from Elizabeth, New Jersey. I wish people wouldn't make up stuff and pretend they know what they are talking about.

This is why I allow the edit function. I think people should have the right to extract their foot from their mouth.

Punaweb moderator

Can we somehow spin this into a job for you? Or at the very least some product placement? I wish you would stop pretending to be a knowledgable builder. Do knowledgable builders push building systems in an area that could get wiped out? Shysters do.
Sun, It is not a good idea to pick a fight with the site moderator.

Can you name me one place that cannot be wiped out by nature?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

Sun, perhaps you could tell us precisely what goodies are put in the water. I am curious.

Rob Tucker, did you know that Japan recently had a nuclear disaster? Are you "curious" or are you just another living in denial of what is happening to Hawaii? Why don't you inform yourself?
Sun, I have been running this web site for over ten years now. I do not sell advertising. I donate my time here. I have, over the years, become less tolerant of trolls and people just seeking to be obnoxious. What I am saying is that you are on a rapidly shortening lease here. Keep it up and see what happens.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
FYI:
The only nation on earth that has no natural disasters is Uruguay, space debris or comets excepted of course. Every other place on this planet is vulnerable to something: earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, hurricanes, volcanoes, tornadoes, fire, famine, or plagues of locusts. People choose where they live, they make the best possible choices for their circumstances and estimate the risks involved, then other people build or sell them homes.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb