Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rene, "cult out on the flow "
The Source Family, one of the groups listed as a cult had a documentary made about their group recently. Here's the review:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/01/movies...r-yod.html

It was the 70's, it was sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll (in no particular order).
There's a short section about Hilo near the end of the film, some of the followers still live on Big Island today, running successful businesses.
Wait a minute, people with good paying work, providing jobs for Hawaii residents, that does sound kind of unusual...
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
parents fearing cult is NOT a story ... its 2 peoples unfounded fear. NOT FACT
other links are just blog BS, just like you could have link 20 stories from this site and try for tie them into FACT of 'cults' in Hawaii... doesnt make it FACT

and the 1st link above, pfft (this is how hard you tried to google 'Hawaii' and 'Cult')
is a New Zealand website and the link shows a page from a journal from prob 60-70 years ago
and I'o Hui means 'Hawk club' ...not any different from Hui O He'e Nalu, or Club of Wave Sliders... aka 'Surf Club'

just more Fear Mongering! you wasted 5 minutes of my time opening those links.. mahalo

PS. Damon Tuckers REALLY needs to update his Runaway Kids page... a few of these kids have ran (took off) 2-3 times a year...... any of these Runaway Kids bodies showing up ?? No!

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Wow Punaweb must have a lolo magnet stuck to the side of the server.....
couth
ko#862;oTH
adjective
adjective: couth
1. cultured, refined, and well mannered.
noun
noun: couth; plural noun: couths
1. good manners; refinement.