Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HARC soliciting funds
Wait a minute! On 5/3 on the Hawaiian Acres Roads thread, 2bad4u posted :
Peter, in response to the last paragraph of your May 2 post :
" I would like to suggest that rather than listen to your "trusted source".....ie: gossip, you at least make an attempt to find the truth of the matter.... rather than spewing utter nonsense to others. You have no idea what is going on other than a law suite.
Repeating what you have heard from some unknown source only makes you not only sound, but look like a fool."

Since that accusation I have not been able to sleep at night or gain meaningful employment. I am in a constant state of depression since this libel was leveled at me. The community now thinks I am a fool. Do I get to start a lawsuit too? Yippee!
above.. it was mentioned that only the letter roads (and Rd.1) get work done, and thats it... thats the problem IMO

ie "they spend the money in porportion to who pays their dues and what road they are on. this really changes the picture of all the complaining over work on F road if a high percentage of the residents on that road paid their dues, then that is the road that should be worked on."

the addresses of most every lot in HA are on the numbered roads though, ie 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. its got to be over 95% of the lots that have address on the numbered roads compared to letter roads (ie A,B,C,D, etc)

Id be happy to pay more $$/yr if theyd actually do grading work on my road, they have never once done any work within 3/4 of a mile of my lot, on the road I live on, never in 7+ years Ive been here.. Road 2 between C&B (aka 'River 2' at times)

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
In each block (1 mile by 1/3 mile), only four lots have frontage on the lettered roads, while all have frontage on numbered roads. Except along G Road, and maybe at the front of the acres.

I been told that in Fern Acres, all addresses are on the streets that run the length of the subdivision. Is that true in HA, too?

And something I read recently makes me think the logic of maintaining the letter roads is that they run up and down the slope of the mountain, while numbered roads are not as likely to be swept away by raging torrents.

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
There are ("technically") five clusters of quarter-acre lots which front a lettered road; as far as I know these were part of the original Land Court subdivision.

One such lot is owned by HACA.

I don't know the original purpose.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

There are ("technically") five clusters of quarter-acre lots which front a lettered road; as far as I know these were part of the original Land Court subdivision.

One such lot is owned by HACA.

I don't know the original purpose.

I was told these lots were planned for plantation workers housing.
ITK - Thank You for clarifying the topic at hand.
As to our question about a past board member,we looked up in the tax office to see if he indeed owned a lot in HA and to our surprise he does NOT.
He does own a lot in Nanawale subdivision.It is our clear under standing that in the bylaws or charter it says one MUST be a lot owner.
In addition to this thread,there is a board member of HARC not using his REAL name but a different name all together than what is on his owned lot in HA.
Can you please explain to this forum,why some one on the HARC board who is a lot owner must use a made up name,which is not their real name.Do the votes made by the person who is not a lot owner and the lot owner with a made up name count or would they be nullified and must be re done?
One more question : Why in the last 4+ years were 19 loads of gravel dropped on D rd from 1Rd to 3Rd and from 3 to 5 on D no gravel at all and only one load of gravel dropped from 5Rd to 8Rd .
Do that many people pay their dues from Rd1 to Rd3 on Drd .
Or are Road One dues being used on Drd from 1Rd to 3rd.You as a HARC board member know this and we would like to have you clarify each simple question please.
Thank You in Advance.

~~~Maui Built ~~~

Mr Wells,...as to your 5/29/ post I thought hard about bothering to respond but am so tierd of your obnoxious rants and rage that I though......possibly one more post may remind you that I have asked a ouestion you have yet to answer for me.
Regardless, this will absolutely be the last time I ask or respond as residents are now aware that there are questions regarding road funds and this was the objective.
I understand that you may be having a great time with the Jeff Wells Show but you are really not the point. I would like to suggest that in the future you put your big boy pants on as your post have been profoundly ignorant. I would also like to recommend that Rather than blaming every screen name you can think of and accusing them of attempting to bring down HARC, you look to your own.

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
for the past few years maintenance of the roads has significantly declined. The board has become increasingly hostile to any questions concerning accountability, this hostility is openly displayed at meetings as well as any interactions via internet etc. board members during meetings have not held back with insults to some of the questions asked at meetings. also at the last meeting a motion was made to " Ban" certain guests, people from their meetings , however the motion did not pass , but instead they opted for "closed " meetings on sensitive issues that they did not want to disclose on.
it is clear, that there will never be forward movement for repair of the roads, and the donated funds will continue to go into the unknown of no accountability or for continued legal fees or staff pay office etc. after all the pay outs is there really anything left for road repair ?? look at your road and you have the answer to that question.
So it is time to stop the madness. I advocate for receivership, I am actively working on the process with atty . I want a better road to drive on not just for myself , but for every property owner. I have worked hard to pay for my property, it wasn't free , and i am sure that the other 4000 or so lot owners have also busted butt to pay for theirs. I am tired of paying unnecessary car repairs. I want to have emergency services be able to reach my home, ( i have been denied that 2 times in the past ) due to the impassable roads .
Both HACA and HARC will be drawn into the receivership , this will begin to move forward once the other lawsuit ends , but that looks to be a ways down the road.
A letter is being worked on that will be sent to all 4000 lot owners , the letter will inform them of the situation as it exists.
lastly asking people to preside on a board that is wrapped up in such legal turmoil where is the thought behind that.. its like i said i think people would be surprised to know which of the board members really own a property in the acres..... nothing to loose
it is clear, that there will never be forward movement for repair of the roads, and the donated funds will continue to go into the unknown of no accountability

County and State also operate this way, maybe sue them instead?

I want a better road to drive on not just for myself , but for every property owner

Not every property owner actually wants the roads improved. Did you ask them?
I want to have emergency services be able to reach my home, ( i have been denied that 2 times in the past ) due to the impassable roads

Do you really think the roads will be improved before "next time"?

History suggests otherwise.

Maybe if you "want ... services" you should move to a place that has services.