Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superferry, is it good or bad for Hawaii?
I've heard this other places so I thought I would just toss this out here:

Wouldn't the Superferry make one heck of a Party boat to go travel down to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl?

-----------------
Coming home soon!

Edited by - damon on 12/11/2007 21:34:52
(moved from another thread)

quote:
Damon: Have I read your posts wrong? You wouldn't mind if the cruise industry collapsed but you're 100% in favor of the HSF.....correct?

Rob to me, the Superferry and Cruise Ships are so seperate issues that I don't want anyone to confuse things here.

I'm against Cruise ships. They bring out the worst in all of us it appears.

Superferry is something that is a much more local issue and this also brings out the worst in some people.

-----------------
Coming home soon!

Edited by - damon on 12/11/2007 21:41:25
I'm against the Superferry for several reasons (previously discussed). I do feel, however, that cruise ships, barges, and even airlines should also be studied for their environmental impact.

I'm very supportive of civil disobedience. It's the American way, and keeps polititians and big business on their toes.

quote:
It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out, as this could be an effective protest tactic eventually at Kawaihae.

You really think people will be still protesting HSF in 2 years when service starts to Kawaihae ? I think not.

Tomorrow will be a great day with the HSF starting up again.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
I will be looking at HSF to be cutting back it's schedule mid next year due to lack of customers. When the novelty wears off we will find out just how popular a service it is or will be.

I could be wrong of course but I don't think it will get to the point of regular scheduling to the Big Island.

Not an argument just how I see it.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
If Hawaiian and Aloha are successful at getting GO airlines out of the Market, they will up there airline prices.

The HSF will have a better chance of competing if that happens.

Right now, with 3 options to choose from for flights, we are reaping the benefits of cheap inter-island travel. The airlines are losing money fast. No business can constantly lose money for ever.

I wish they would start with the Big Island route and then work there way to Kauai and Maui. I just don't see Big Island residents being as concerned about some of the issues other islands have.

But in reality, I see it heading out of State within 5 years. The damage has been done with the bad publicity.

If it doesn't head out of state, I've read that the Military could actually take control of it. Thats even scarier.

-----------------
Coming home soon!
quote:
quote:
It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out, as this could be an effective protest tactic eventually at Kawaihae.

You really think people will be still protesting HSF in 2 years when service starts to Kawaihae ? I think not.

I don't think HSF will be in operation in 2 yrs! I think they will belly up for one reason or another. Once the novelty wears off, who's gonna consistantly ride it? I'm willing to bet the prices will go up in no time at all.

Hey, if this "crap", was meant to be, the Hydro Foil would have never gone out of business in the 70's. But between breaking down and running over Humpbacks. They didn't last long. If my memory serves me correctly it was less than two years before the Hydro Foil moved to Macau.
Perhaps less than two years and we will see HSF in the Persian Gulf!

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Well it just completed it's first Official trip and already 10% of the people on the boat got sick.

The crew said about 25 of the passengers became ill due to the motion of the waves during the trip, which ended 10 minutes early.

-----------------
Coming home soon!

Edited by - damon on 12/13/2007 10:15:01
I've thought about this now for a little while.

It could make a viable transport for Garbage from the Big Isle to any other island with an incinerator.

I wonder how many garbage trucks that buggah can hold?

-----------------
Coming home soon!