Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
permit fairness
So Onishi gets caught do something embarrassing and his first reaction is to say go bother Puna on something unrelated
The permit violations in Puna are not for the profit making enterprise of a county employee who has a contract with the county for this enterprise, they are people trying to build a home they can afford. This guy tried to do an end run around the system and when he got caught is blaming everyone else instead of taking responsibility for his actions. Does anyone believe Riley really didn't know what his architect planned, what his contractor built, and his business operated out of for a year, that he paid over $500,000 for? Total BS excuse.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Industrially zoned land is much more expensive than residential. Can anyone guess what the motivation was?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Industrially zoned land is much more expensive than residential. Can anyone guess what the motivation was?

Getting a kickback from the "license to print money" that is rezoning? Nah.

the owner of the new company now says he didn't know that was what his contractor built

I'll remember that one if Planning ever asks about my "carport". Might not work for me, though.
So, there is a follow up to this. Kern tried to introduce a bill to get the building turned into office spaces. As seen, in the county records, he introduced the bill with very favorable recommendations then retracted it at the end of the first reading. He is up to his ears in this one. People are always talking about the "connected" in the county here. Didn't somebody say this was a Mormon connection? So, how connected are the Mormons here, there are some huge churches.

BILLS FOR ORDINANCES (FIRST READING)
September 5, 2014
Bill 278: AMENDS SECTION 25 -8 -33 (CITY OF HILO ZONE MAP), ARTICLE 8,
CHAPTER 25 (ZONING CODE) OF THE HAWAII COUNTY CODE 1983
(2005 EDITION), BY CHANGING THE DISTRICT CLASSIFICATION
FROM SINGLE- FAMILY RESIDENTIAL — 10,000 SQUARE FEET (RS -10)
TO NEIGHBORHOOD COMMERCIAL — 10,000 SQUARE FEET (CN -10) AT
WAIAKEA, SOUTH HILO, HAWAII, COVERED BY TAX MAP KEY:
2 -2- 034:072 (Applicant: LK & RR Enterprises, LLC) (Area: 22,500 square feet)
The Windward Planning Commission forwards its favorable recommendation
for this change of zone, which would allow the applicant to convert an existing
steel -framed dwelling into an office and retail complex.
Reference: Comm. 978
Intr. by: Mr. Kern (B /R)
Approve: PC -76
WITHDRAWN BY INTRODUCER

"We come in peace!" - First thing said by missionaries and extraterrestrials
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
county corruption at its finest.
It's not "corruption". County merely seeks to increase its tax base...

...as long as that's happening "in town" and for "certain people".

Rezoning, variances, and the SUP remain nearly impossible for ordinary folks outside of town, which some see as a "good thing" that "protects the country lifestyle".
it seems corrupt. rules apply to some not all depends who you are ,how much cash you have and definitely who you know .
it seems corrupt.

I thought exactly the same thing, but I've since been told (repeatedly) that I'm merely "ignorant" of the "big picture", and that everything is not only "legal" but "consistent with The Plan".

Who am I to judge our democratically elected public representatives?
Do these bureaucrats really think they're above the law, and the people? It's a wonder no one has tossed a few rocks through their windows and/or heads...