Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon S-L-O-W shipping
Most online merchants go out of their way to make sure Alaska and Hawaii buyers understand that our business is not welcome. Amazon's attempt to service our markets is one of the reasons why we use them. If Target or Walmart take our markets seriously, we will use them.

ETA: gramamr
I've always had my Amazon shipments (always via their free shipping, since the Prime shipping to Hawaii isn't two-day anyway) arrive quickly, usually faster than the expected date given. I just placed an order last week and it did show an unusually long time before it would be shipped, but after that I don't expect it to take longer, nor do they predict it will.
I'm not sure if I said this before, but the slow-up with Amazon shipping is also happening at our mainland address. It's not just Hawaii.

* ALOHA *
Target gives free shipping here if you buy with your target card. Sometimes they offer free shipping if you spend at least $50, but the target card deal is alla time.

You can also order something on Target's website, and if it's in stock, they'll hold it at the front for you. You pay online, just pick up at the store.

quote:
Originally posted by knieft

Wonder if Target and Walmart offering free shipping will make any sense for Hawaii...?

http://dealnews.com/features/POLL-Will-T...88189.html

http://dealnews.com/features/Walmart-Wil...51063.html

Cheers,
Kirt

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
Something has changed with shipping.

My last three orders placed on May 12, show a June 29th delivery date. My other orders show a thirty day delivery date.

I am waiting to see what happens as to delivery time, but if it is going to be a month, I will be looking at Ebay.

At least 45 orders from Amazon during the past 2 months. I guess i used to get everything from Amazon, but if it is going to take a month, and force me to pay for Prime, then am out!
punalvr
Strangely, that last order I mentioned arrived a couple of days ago and it came via FedEx, even though I picked the regular free shipping which has always been sent via ParcelPool. I wonder if they're having some kind of issue with ParcelPool and are scrambling to fill orders with whoever is available. Its worth noting, though, that they did arrive quicker than was predicted.
Amazon Small and Light Shipping started Monday

Amazon.com Inc. is introducing free shipping on thousands of popular, smaller items -- makeup, mobile phone accessories, earplugs -- in its Web store, without requiring a minimum order.

The service covers items that weigh 8 ounces (230 grams) or less, which usually cost no more than $10. Delivery will take four to eight business days from a new shipping hub in Florence, Kentucky, specifically stocked for the program dubbed Fulfillment by Amazon Small and Light.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2...imum-order
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I just started a free trial of Amazon Prime at the same time I purchased a very expensive item that I wanted to arrive quickly. That was May 30th and my order still says preparing for shipment. I'm not sure that's the best way to sell me on keeping the prime membership.
Well, the 30th was a Saturday...
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Well, the 30th was a Saturday...

Well, it's now Wednesday night and it still says preparing for shipment so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be keeping Prime. I can wait until I have $35 worth of stuff to get free shipping since Prime hasn't made it any speedier.