Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hijacked thread about global warming theories
Errr, leilanidude... painfully over-simplistic attempts at logic by the individual layman commenting on the internet are no substitute for overwhelming international scientific consensus.
The question is how did man cause those past global warming trends?

Human population remained under 1 billion until 1800 AD.
2 Billion - 1927
3 Billion - 1960
4 Billion - 1974
5 Billion - 1987
6 Billion - 1999
7 Billion - 2011

The answer to your question, is that most likely there were not enough people around in the past to affect the climate -- which obviously is also affected by factors other than human influence.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by JohnDW

There are a number of reasons why you might want to buy the $20.00 retro-fit bidet from Amazon.

Un Mojado Sin Licencia

I will 2nd that call, or 3rd cause it's previously mentioned. And up the anny 1. Xmax I got a Lux 180 bidet, they're like 45 bucks at epay BIN. simple installation and only cold water.

Now as for toilet paper, SEEE-It!. hemorrhoids! Ya wanna talk butt wiping, jeez! try a mandatory 20-25 dam times!! I am conservative though, me wife goes through rolls like free air,, I use 1-2 by the time she's finished off a whole package of 12. And she aint even got no dang hemorrhoids!

OK yeah me too, who wants to know these things> LOL. nobody..

Regardless I've done my due diligence, worried about cold water verses the more expensive electric add-on heating, blow dry?? there's plenty options out there if ya wanna spend..

It turns out, cold water is hardly cold at all, ya ain't even gonna notice. exceptions of course, 30-40 degree might be a cause.

Anyways, The Lux 180 bidet, is SUPER! ya got two sprayers, woman's and any butt, lol. is so good the wife had to have one too.. and now the race is on,, it's now possible, we're still in the trial stage butt, I do believe that, I'll no longer have to invest in 12 times more paper than we'd previously.

as for me? OMG, what's that spell? "R-O-L-A-I-D-S (add-on bidet) spells RELIEF!"
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffhale
what's that spell? "R-O-L-A-I-D-S (add-on bidet) spells RELIEF!"

Whatever floats your butt boat...
"The earth has had many warming and cooling periods in the past. It will continue to have them. The question is how did man cause those past global warming trends?"

That isn't the question. The Earth has had warming and cooling periods in the past. No one is asking how humans caused those, because they weren't around then. The current change is alarming and coincides with greenhouse gases being pumped into our atmosphere at a rate that has never been seen before.

Why people can't understand that we are destroying our atmosphere is beyond me.

For windplr - water is a greenhouse gas. CO2, carbon dioxide, is a much stronger greenhouse gas, you need much less CO2 than water to block IR. Methane is even stronger.

Let's just get this straight. Those molecules in our atmosphere do not stop sunlight getting to the Earth's surface. What they do is prevent the re-radiated infrared light from getting out into space. That energy stays here and warms up our atmosphere and oceans.

Our planet has been experiencing some disturbing climate changes in the last few years. Given your posts, I think you might just want to explain what is causing them, including scientific references including peer reviewed papers and then maybe we can have a proper discussion.
last week it was colder in Chicago then it was at the North Pole...
"Why people can't understand that we are destroying our atmosphere is beyond me."

My best guess as to why some people can't or won't understand is that it's largely due to wishful thinking or willful ignorance reinforced by misinformation distributed by such avenues as bad political partisan talk radio and the like.
I expect attempts to extend legal limitations on free speech to regulate communication about climate change wouldn't stand a chance of being found to be permissible under the constitution. And very rightly so, in my opinion. The bar is set high in that regard for reasons which are hopefully obvious. Much better to counter that type of misinformation by exercising one's own free speech.
...now about those great online TP deals which I found to be such a riveting original topic to be distracted away from...
I'll venture to say that most partisan talk show hosts and such truly don't wholly believe in science or trust scientists. The ones that don't believe in greenhouse gases also tend to believe that the earth is only 5000 years old. At least they stopped declaring us witches and burning us at the stake.