Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIDEO: Puna Traffic Tension Boils Over At Meeting
As I viewed the meeting I totally understand the frustrations expressed. Something is off and has been off for quite some time. The bypass light in front of the auto parts store appears to finally be set more efficiently, how long did that take? One never knows how long it will take to get to town and back.

We don't get traffic control officers to help when backed up to Paradise Park or Orchidland.

This reminds me of the fact that the Kaimu transfer station is only open 3 days a week in the middle of Rat Lungworm and Dengue epidemics. It's basic knowledge to get the garbage out of people's driveways, houses and the back of their trucks. Garbage is a huge feeding attractant for rats and mosquitos and increases their populations. Instead county workers and security guards are paid to sit at the dump the 3 days it's open guarding the garbage. That money should be spend on getting the garbage out and disposed of properly everyday of the week.

How much thought actually goes into seeing that things run smoothly and intelligently in Puna?
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

Did you find me attractive, as a man or woman? And are you into Thai boys?

Those are three different questions posed as a single question. And the last one doesn't integrate with the previous two.

But if anybody wants to answer any or all of the three, this could be entertaining. And creepy. But also possibly entertaining.

And begin...
quote:
Originally posted by Lodestone

My favorite questioner was the last one. A fashion tip for the ladies reading out there: when attending formal, televised events, always shave your beard.

terracore: Am I the only one who played the video and went immediately to the lady at the end?

pog: LOL >>> kEEEEPP MOUUUTH shhUUtt .. LOL.

pahoated: How do you know that is a woman with a beard? Maybe is a somewhat feminine man with a beard?

Wow. Aloha not.

Cheers,
Kirt

Wow. Aloha not. PS

Just watched the question and response. Fairly important that Bryson may put in a stop light.

Probably the most significant question asked all night long, regardless of PunaWeb's snark.

Cheers,
Kirt
ericlp writes,

"OK, It was fun to watch the people here ask all these questions..."
--------------------------

Yes it was and thanks for posting the video for us. But I have a question for all of you....
what the heck is "Pipe Space " ?
quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

How much thought actually goes into seeing that things run smoothly and intelligently in Puna?

I think we all know the answer to that question. "Not much."
The speaker for the DOT didn't know Phase III of the Kea'au-Pahoa Bypass Project (the official DOT title) would be going through the roundabout up to Kahakai. It is right here on the official page, not touched since 2011:
http://www.keaau-pahoa.com/

Phase I has been completed up to Shower. After this roundabout is done, they will move back down there and start on Phase II. It looks like Phase II has been broken up into subprojects, the shoulder widening isn't in the immediate plan.

One thing mysterious about the roundabout is the old pullout lane will be blocked again. Instead of making it a left turn only into the village, there is going to be a right turn to make a U-turn onto the roundabout. That one is really weird. Nobody is giving the details but this 'offshoot' of the Kea'au-Pahoa Bypass Project was a Pahoa committee driven 'offshoot'. This is what that committee and state representative wanted, so that is what we are getting.

This 10 miles of the entire Kea'au-Pahoa Bypass Project officially started in 2008, so by the time Phase III is completed, it may hold another world record for Puna, longest time to complete shortest highway stretch -- in the world. If that is 2022, that is less than 1 mile per year modified, just modified, not totally built from scratch. Really gives a sense of aloha time.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
"This 10 miles of the entire Kea'au-Pahoa Bypass Project officially started in 2008, so by the time Phase III is completed, it may hold another world record for Puna, longest time to complete shortest highway stretch -- in the world."

I'd just like to point out that world records generally apply to records that happen in the world. However, you now have me wondering what other world records you claim Puna holds.
Fairly important that Bryson may put in a stop light.

They are required to improve the intersection prior to final approval of the rezoning.

Not that "required" means the same thing, here in Puna, but that's how it was written.
When the crowd was asked to raise their hands if they had ever used a roundabout before, well over half replied in the affirmative.

My goodness, think of the tourists! Wait. Most of them already know what to do, don't they?