Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Circle of Death updates
Hmmm... Thunder Doughnut.... Thunderdome... Now my mind wanders to Mad Max driving one of the last V8 Interceptors down the road from nowhere to nowhere in the desolate wasteland of a post-apocalyptic world. Swarming in quickly is a gang of punk desert marauders like angry ants, mad for the smell of gasoline.

Just as the chain-swinging petrol pirates are about to ensnare him, Max hits the supercharger and accelerates quickly towards Thunder Doughnut. The V8 Interceptor fishtails only slightly but spins around the concrete creation and is ejected out into the sunset. The marauders on the other hand, confused by this traffic relic from a near-ancient time collide with one another, their desert buggies spinning out control before finally cartwheeling into a gigantic fireball.

Max observes all of this in the rear-view mirror before shutting off the super charger and viewing the rusted, bullet-ridden sign ahead of him: Kalapana 8 Miles.
Max observes all of this in the rear-view mirror before shutting off the super charger and viewing the rusted, bullet-ridden sign ahead of him: Kalapana 8 Miles.
------------

Don't forget the other sign: Lava Viewing Open
The marauders on the other hand, confused by this traffic relic from a near-ancient time collide with one another, their desert buggies spinning out control before finally cartwheeling into a gigantic fireball.

Yes! Finally, quality entertainment without phoney CGI graphics, just pedal-to-the-metal stunt driving down Highway 130. Which means... good jobs for experienced, local Puna residents. Bring on the popcorn!

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
am so gd lucky to live here
It's hard to find better entertainment isn't it ? SNL's got nothing compared to Punatics! Stay tuned.
I'm just waiting for the sequel. "Phase II: Judgement Day."

PS. My sources tell me the third in the trilogy was to be called "Phase III: Hell in the Pacific" but they found out the name was already taken.
Traffic backed up big time Pahoa bound. No accidents. New normal?
http://punatraffic.com/
Some cameras around Pahoa to check.
Do we have a body count yet ?
Just had my first trip thru. People don't seem to realize that cars in the circle have the right-of-way, don't stop in the circle to let cars in!!!