Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comphrensive anti-bug network!
Can Anyone tell me what is the least toxic, but effective, thing to use for LFA inside of the House? Mahalo
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
I'm not a toxicologist but if you put down a teaspoon of siesta granules on a piece of paper they will suck the poison out and share it with all their friends. When the ants are gone you just wad up the paper and throw it away. No toxins ever touch anything. Well, except their corpses have toxins in them, but I don't know where they go to die.
We had a whole highway line of fire ants in the kitchen and a few strays made it to the bed. KFA came and sprayed Tango on the outside of the house where they were on the trim, and they haven't returned. (We treat every 4-8 weeks as needed).
My kids used Simple Green to kill the ones in the kitchen sink til we could get a proper treatment.
I've been told Tango is the only treatment option for people who eat from their fruit trees (and pineapples). Other products can take a year to clear .
I used to take pictures of the bugs until I got some really nice shots.

I will gladly send anybody with an email address a closeup picture of a large centipede and a huuuuuuuuge hairy cockaroach you can use to either desensitize yourself with or creep somebody out.

the least toxic, but effective, thing

"EcoSMART" bug spray, white can with bright green top, sold at Ace.

It's made from essential oils. Not only is it non-toxic, you could probably cook with it, maybe use it as a dessert topping. Leaves the kitchen smelling like root beer.