Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HWY 130
DTisme @ 15:07:44-
Except collecting taxes, graft and slinging BS like Planning etc., here.[Wink]
Except collecting taxes, graft and slinging BS like Planning etc., here.

No, the State is quite inept at collecting taxes.

A better motto might be: "We Do Not Know What We're Supposed To Be Doing".

Because I'm pretty sure they're "not supposed to" make up different land-use regulations for whoever calls, or set property valuation that "just happens" to exempt "certain people", etc.

Friday update: Work did continue today and there was a pretty large backup in the Pahoa direction from Keaau High to Shower around 2 pm. However, I guess work ended early in the afternoon as it was a clear drive from Hilo to HPP this evening.
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

Up zoo rd to N.Kulani.
Down Hwy 11 from N.Kulani,
Stop for Pu Pus at Hara store,down to Ola'a to 40th
Down pahaku to the top paved rd in HPP as 130 cuts through top side of HPP,across to the church with cell tower and zoom zoom and no traffic hassles.
And aloha friday is gonna be worse.
Mrs.Mimosa

Not sure about going up Stainback to N. Kulani. That would be one hell of a detour, but going 11 to Ola'a to 40th is pretty efficient. I have to make it from Hilo to HPP at 1:00 tomorrow (Monday). Who thinks I should take the detour?
I have to make it from Hilo to HPP at 1:00 tomorrow (Monday). Who thinks I should take the detour?

You can take the highway tomorrow. It's Labor Day so construction crews will be off. As well as the 70% of the work force employed by the county, state, or federal government here on the east side. I love driving on holidays, there's almost no traffic.

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
HOTPE @14:24:43-
Yup. LOL.
Hope your weekend is good. Enjoy.
Everyone else too!
Hunt S - Monday is a holiday - should be easy drive for you.
On days when kea'au crawl is backed up to the lights ( Kam school and Huina Rd ) - is when we do the N.Kulani run over to 11 .
Just another option.
Some times it takes a half hour from Kea'au to Huina Rd as lights are not synchronized .
Rush hour puna style .
Mrs.Mimosa
Stainback is the best kept secret of hawaiI island IMO.
Please don't use it though.... it's narrow and dangerous... and watch out for feral pigs.
Yes true - extremely dangerous - narrow and no place to pull over.
Plus HPD sometimes will tag speeders above zoo near ag before it narrows to potholes narrow rd.
Reminds us of saddle in the 1960s / 1970s.
Mrs.Mimosa
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

Hunt S - Monday is a holiday - should be easy drive for you.
On days when kea'au crawl is backed up to the lights ( Kam school and Huina Rd ) - is when we do the N.Kulani run over to 11 .
Just another option.
Some times it takes a half hour from Kea'au to Huina Rd as lights are not synchronized .
Rush hour puna style .
Mrs.Mimosa

True, it wasn't a jammed drive. Only thing to look out for was gangs of Harleys and classic cars. Like any other holiday weekend. Would not want to get in an accident with either.