Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving license residency proof
TomK - Right you are old chap , but come Oct 2020 - resident or not - all U.S. Citizens are required by law to have the circle - star combo on drivers license .
New federal laws require star in coloured circle to fly - even inter island - even with current up to date passport - even with state ID card or senior ID card.
-----------
Not true. The current Hawaii drivers license without the star, is still valid to fly, even on mainland flights, with no passport needed. TSA has mentioned Jamuary 2019, but I bet they let that slip a few additional months.
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
Residents who want to use their drivers license or state ID to board a flight need to have a gold star by 2020.

The Department of Homeland Security has required that all state licenses and IDs that comply with REAL ID standards have a gold star in a circle on it by October 1, 2020. Identification with the new addition will be necessary to board flights and enter federal buildings.

Hawaii residents began seeing the emblem on their licenses and state IDs on January 16, indicating that their identification matched up with the new Federal guidelines.

Hawaii is one of several states that's been in line with previous DHS standards, but anyone who does not have a gold star on their license will have to get the new ID before October of 2020.

Originally, DHS said that the encircled gold star wasn't mandatory as long as states adhered to marking requirements for non-compliant credentials. Recently however, the Department of Human Services decided that the emblem is now required as a way to help federal agencies identify REAL ID compliant documents.

After October 1, 2020, Hawaii residents will not be able to board planes using their drivers license or state ID if they haven't been updated.

To get a gold star drivers license, drivers must bring one of the following documents to their local Department of Motor Vehicles office; either a U.S. birth certificate or passport, an un-laminated social security card, and a government-issued marriage certificate for married women who changed their names.

Drivers will also need to being two pieces of mail with their address listed, like a utility bill.

Copyright 2018 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
My friend lost his wallet- you can fly without any documentation whatsoever (How else would they deal with somebody from the mainland who had their wallet lost/stolen, make them establish Hawaii residency and get a drivers license before they could leave?) but it required going through a process at the checkpoint. I don't know the specifics but it's a phone interview where they establish your identity based on you knowing the answers to all the secret information the government has on you.

Oddly enough, I went through a similar process to get a FedEx account. One of their questions was, what color was my 1973 Oldsmobile Omega? This was a car I owned many, many years ago and it was readily at the fingertips of somebody who I never gave permission to know anything about me.
Thanks to all for the info about the star requirement. I guess I still have a couple years to put off doing this.
Certainty will be the death of us.
"Drivers will also need to being two pieces of mail with their address listed, like a utility bill."

Sounds simple, doesn't it? I can assure you it isn't.
Wait till u/r 70. Then you have to renew ever two years. I inquired (Pahoa) last time when I got the gold star: Do I have to bring the address requirements every two years? she said, Well no but I suggest you do in case we lose your information in our system. Nice lady, but not very reassuring about record keeping. Feel like filing an age discrimination suit (kidding) as I see younger people who don't look like they are all that bright getting 8 year renewals.
T
Why for u it is when everyone else gets it. This makes no sense. Maybe bc u not born here? then

Hmm maybe

Its
quote:
Originally posted by RWR

T
Why for u it is when everyone else gets it. This makes no sense. Maybe bc u not born here? then

Hmm maybe

Its

I'm able to write a coherent sentence or two and can pass the eye test for a driving license. Unfortunately, there is no test needed for someone to post on social media, because there's no way you'd pass that test.
Bwahaha .. vaunted "scientist" goes to water and has to go to spelling as his ..hmm where have i seen this before?