Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
harry wants more money
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Then you should create a business model that hires unemployed EBT recipients, pay them a wage and provide them with a sense of worth.

Your comments seem to imply you have a plan worked out which can create a work pool from EBT recipients. Please share the details with us. Specifics, not libertarian platitudes espousing the glories of an Ayn Rand world that has never existed anywhere other than in the pages of a novel, and most likely never will.

[i] “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain

We already have such a business model. It is called the USA and Free Markets.

Speaking Truth to Lies!!! / Facts to Ignorance!!!
At least EBT and federal money grabs bring dollars into the state. So rather than put the brakes on welfare or county government just yet, we should find 21st century industries that will result in more money coming into Hawaii. Ones big enough to make a real difference.

Perfect!
I look forward to your next visit here in Hawaii, when I hope you’ll stop by Puna District with your soap box and explain to all the potential employers and employees here that they’re livin’ in the USA with a Free Market readily available to them.
With a little good old fashioned American know-how, determination, brains, heart, and courage, we should have this welfare EBT problem solved in no time at all.

Thank you, man behind the curtain.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain +1
quote:

Perfect!
I look forward to your next visit here in Hawaii, when I hope you’ll stop by Puna District

The solution to the EBT problem is to severely restrict it to a 6 month period or so. Perhaps 12 mos in extreme circumstances.

quote:
Originally posted by randomq

we should find 21st century industries that will result in more money coming into Hawaii. Ones big enough to make a real difference.

I doubt that will ever happen. Face it, Puna is a dead-end backwater with no prospects of any note. There simply is no reason for economic activity to put down roots there - agriculture excepted. Living in "Paradise" in the land of off-gridders, laid-backers and meth labs has a steep downside. It's cheap for a reason. JMHO.

Here we go again open-d taking a over topic come on Rob enough is enough

jrw
jrw
Puna is a dead-end backwater with no prospects of any note. There simply is no reason for economic activity to put down roots there -

Wait.
What?
Did you forget about the USA - Free Market business model? Which means all us of backwater residents can start new companies, hire our Puna neighbors and get them off EBT?
Remember?
Or did that USA - Free Market business model get deactivated two hours ago right after you told us about it? Perhaps another victim of the government shutdown?

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:

Puna is a dead-end backwater with no prospects of any note. There simply is no reason for economic activity to put down roots there -

Wait.
What?
Did you forget about the USA - Free Market business model? Which means all us of backwater residents can start new companies, hire our Puna neighbors and get them off EBT?
Remember?
Or did that USA - Free Market business model get deactivated two hours ago right after you told us about it? Perhaps another victim of the government shutdown?

Take and sell photos, books, paintings, apps etc. Generate wealth on your own. Don't expect others to suckle you from their teats. Earn it, don't bum of others. Don't expect others to pay your way.

sell photos, books, paintings,

Have you ever spoken with an artist or writer? Or heard the term starving artist? It’s the most difficult way you can choose to try and earn a living.

apps etc.

Someone generally unemployable might just maybe have the skills of a tech savant? Then design a killer app which will get noticed above the millions of other apps at the App Store?

Perhaps the unemployed could become politicians? It doesn’t appear there’s any special skill or knowledge required, based on what some current politicians tweet. The pay is great and the benefits fantastic, but of course they’d be living off the taxpayer like an EBT recipient, so I guess that’s out.