Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Traffic Pattern
If ever there was a chance to setup a roadblock with a toll booth!
roadblock with a toll booth!

Wasn’t there one between Ainaloa & Orchidland years ago?
The shortcut went through or in front of a residents yard?
$1?
I'll just throw this out there. Like to see the HOA's work together and publish a notice in the paper about Temporary Private Road closures to help control Traffic flow and as a Crime prevention action. Some roads could be closed off at certain times of the day or night. It's too bad that Beaches, which is all county roads would lose out, but Shores and Rec, which owns the Beach Road at Honolulu Landing, would raise a few eyebrows at the County council if it was closed at night. If its limited and coordinated across Puna, the State may realize just how bad the traffic situation is here as all the complaints come in.
Deckman
HOTPE: 'roadblock with a toll booth! '

Yes there was, but it was between Ainaloa and Hawaiian Acres, not OLE. After the County paved the emergency evacuation road that linked the two subdivisions, it greatly increased traffic on the route. An aggravated and entrepreneurial gentleman set up the toll station in front of his house on Ainaloa Blvd. He would also accept beer ( preferred bottled over canned ), fruit ( avas over bananas ), or fresh eggs, in lieu of cash. I know it lasted for months, but I'm not sure why/how it was ended.
the State may realize just how bad the traffic situation is here

It's much simpler than that: the State does not care.

toll station in front of his house on Ainaloa Blvd

August Ornellas Jr owned the lot; gate installed June 2002 by Ainaloa Community Association after they failed to convince County to take responsibility. Source: "Neighbors hate it, but drivers love it", Hawaii Tribune-Herald, January 16 2003.