Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana Legalization Dilemma
so silly to put someone in jail over bud. just goes to show where our system is so messed up. image going to jail over a natural herb! it would be funny if it wasnt so serious of a offense.
its such a mellow high, just a bummer if you run out! however if a person controls their intake no problem.

nothing like going into a nice place to eat with your family and smelling smoke from a cigarette or cigar but you cant smoke bud in the privatcy of your own home? nothing like going out on the town and seeing people throwing up from too much drinking. someone please explain. I dont get high by the way. Just not for me (anymore anyways).

peace
anela; WTF.... what are you twelve? its the people that are over 60 that saw their family and friends gave up their lives so you could be a free person. some one should slap the ingorance out of you. people need to respect our elders of all race...its people like you who give us a bad name.

people have a right to vote as they please without having to explain why, its not your our anyones right to judge a person on how they vote. I think we need more choices on who to vote for, not just the ones with the $ to run. If I didnt vote for a person it doesnt mean i didnt vote because of gender or race its because i thought the person I voted for met my expertations that all. I personally didnt vote for any of the top runners. I liked Ron Paul. Not because of race or gender but I liked what he stood for.
if it sounds like a troll its probably a troll. yes anela you hit my sore spot.
peace God bless our people of all age and race.

i had to edit some of my temper[8D]
Uh-oh

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7869709.stm?lss
Jon, for a number of reasons I feel obligated to suggest that if you smoke pot, you should stop and if you don't, perhaps you should start. I'll skip some of the minor details of this assessment and go on to suggest that the apparatus of a police state most certainly can be defeated and there is no better place to start rolling it back than to end the war on drugs, which, believe it or not, has a direct bearing on their war on pocket knives and guns, although I support the war on saggy pants because I'm personally revolted whenever I see them on guys. Corruption goes hand-in-hand with the weak and slimy side of human nature, and if we are ever going to evolve as a species, all forms of corruption must cease, and there is no better place to start than to end the war on drugs. I've gotten out and seen enough of the world, thank you, and it reminds me of the song "Swanee River". I do not see the war on drugs as being evil; just stupid, wasteful, and pandering to special interest groups which include but are not limited to authoritarianism, corruption, ignorance, and fear.
quote:
Originally posted by Jon

On #1 you are way wrong... if we would have fought a traditional war, Iraq, would have been the 51st 5 or 6 years ago.

#2, maybe... it might just make the current cash flow legitimate. They already have everything they need to feed the market.

#3 Nope, those funds would be needed for social services for drug users.

#4 Yes, but I you hope that money would go to #3

#5 Maybe, but it would be in direct competition with the existing dope dealers and they have all the advantages.

#6 Nope, as long as the people let laws be created that remove rights things will not change... "Pocket Knife" law? "Pit Bull" law? "saggy pants" law?

#7 Nope, corruption has been around long before the USA, and it will be around long after.

If you really think that our drug laws are "evil" you really need to get out and see the world.

check out what drinking booze will get you in some countries.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT

Bottom line - no entity can or has been able successfully legislate morality - as an aside look what a lack of same has caused in financial, religious (in the news this week - holocaust deniers) and military circles.

All we can do as individuals, whether it be gaming, drugs, prostitution, bizarre financial instruments, religion, politics and on and on – is to keep our own individual values high, our house in order and respect the rights of others to keep theirs.

In our house, I was taught the value of labor, to keep my own values and standards high, the importance of the next generation - and share those values with my children.

And – to resist to the death, the efforts of third parties corrupting my values and god given rights in exchange for “stuff” or quick political fixes, or the subjugation of others...

Simple philosophy really. Having been part of the underground in occupied areas in Europe under the NAZI empire, my Dad walked the walk and came to understand the true meaning of existence and existentialism as expounded by philosophers during those crises times – another topic. Although it does really put all the hot air in this (off) topic in perspective as we enter the coming times of crises.

The key being education, empathy and a understanding of honor, we’d better get a handle on it soon, as we will need these tools as individuals to get through the coming depression

So what is this tempest in a teapot really all about? I dont think it is about cannabis when I really read the topic. it is about controlling the actions of others, Hitler, Stalin, Mcarthy, et al would have been proud.

end of sermon
I guess cable news is wrong, then. Also, these are FBI "preliminary" reports, and I'm wondering if they are just FBI people or regular cops all over the country, DEA, and FEDERAL TROOPS operating in foreigh countries....
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Orts

quote:
Originally posted by centipede

A few days ago, there was a report on TV which stated that in 2008, more American law enforcement personnel died fighting the War on Drugs than were killed in Iraq during the same period.
Don’t believe everything you see reported, as their information is wrong.

2008 FBI preliminary Law Enforcement Officer Line of Duty deaths were 145. (This included deaths due to motor vehicle accidents and training)

2008 DOD preliminary US service member’s actual deaths in Iraq due to direct enemy combat is 309. (Does not include figures from deaths occurring outside the theater as a direct result of injuries sustained while in theater).

Bullwinkle,

Check this out from the UN, as it provides broad context explaining the existence and continuance of the prohibition laws.

Drug Money Keeps Banks A Float

"U.N. crime chief says drug money flowed into banks

Source: IHT (Reuters wire)

VIENNA: The United Nations' crime and drug watchdog has indications that money made in illicit drug trade has been used to keep banks afloat in the global financial crisis, its head was quoted as saying on Sunday.

Vienna-based UNODC Executive Director Antonio Maria Costa said in an interview released by Austrian weekly Profil that drug money often became the only available capital when the crisis spiralled out of control last year. "In many instances, drug money is currently the only liquid investment capital," Costa was quoted as saying by Profil. "In the second half of 2008, liquidity was the banking system's main problem and hence liquid capital became an important factor."

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime had found evidence that "interbank loans were funded by money that originated from drug trade and other illegal activities..."
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
Bullwinkle,

Viva Existentialism!

Great stuff.

Maybe Puna should become the Existentialism capitol of the world to attract tourists. Smile

Existentialism and culture. Sounds good. Why not? We've got the coffee.
Lee Eisenstein

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
kick a rock and find a rothchild - grin

thanks for the links
Mahalo and no worries mate.

Aloha.
Lee Eisenstein