Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna, Hilo and Mauna Kea slide show
I absolutely love the snowy Mauna Kea shots, although every one of the pics are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
~ Rachael
Thanks Tom. Those cameras are way more in my budget than the DSLR. Peggy

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our
exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the
place for the first time.
-T.S. Eliot
Peace and long life
I enjoyed the pictures. Very beautiful. Thanks

Donna
Donna
Hawaiibound and Donna - thank you! Peggy - we have similar aims I think! I'd love to have a DSLR to play around with but then it's thousands of dollars (including all extras I'd need) rather than a few hundred and it would prevent me doing all the other things I want to do. It's only a hobby after all and even this relatively cheap camera seems to do a pretty decent job!

Tom
Have you considered trying to get one of these on APOD? (Astronomy picture of the day)? They have a lot of photos that are also stunningly beautiful. Check out the web site if you haven't seen it...http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our
exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the
place for the first time.
-T.S. Eliot
Peace and long life
Peg - I've had one or two people suggest this to me in the past. I might do it one day.

Tom
All,

If anyone is interested, I've put a few more photos taken from Mauna Kea's summit this year (2010) into a small slideshow. The weather hasn't been as cooperative this year compared to last, so I don't think the pictures are quite as good as I've taken previously, but for those of you who don't get the chance to get up there much, I hope the pictures portray the views from up there, especially at sunset.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77754016@N0...2906/show/

Tom

PS. I know there are a few people from California here, or who visit CA from time to time. I put a slide show together of a central California road trip I took a couple of months ago. You might be interested or at least recognize one or two of the shots!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77754016@N0...0443/show/

Ah, your photos are so beautiful. I wish I knew how you get that sheen and clarity to everything.

I used to live in Monterey, beautiful area. Good to see Hwy 1 hasn't fallen into the sea entirely. My last road trip to that area was 15 years ago, at Christmas. Used to go down to Big Sur fairly often.

What other areas are on the slide show?
and thank you!
Kathy - the beach photos at the start are from Carpinteria and then Cambria (Moonstone beach). I have to go back to Cambria as soon as I can, I fell in love with the place, but I also love Monterey. Just wish it wasn't so expensive! There are also photos from the Santa Cruz area, Monterey (including more beach photos at sunrise) and Santa Barbara.

I've been meaning to take more pictures of Puna but the last few months have been a little challenging and haven't got around to it. I might have some time to do that in September though. I hope so!

Thanks for the kind words.

Tom
Very nice! My 'backyard'. I live in Salinas. Steinbeck country. We love driving down Hway 1 to the San Simeon area. We used to stay at Cambria/Moonstone beach but we fell big time for Cayucos.
Thanks for the reminder. Time for a Road Trip!