Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Kill Or Not To Kill ?

HEAR HEAR!! (takes off shoe and thumps table)!!
lavalava,

Please ease up on the use of quoting. It is not necessary when posting directly to another comment. It is useful when referring to something posted somewhere back or when the page turns a corner.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
My Grandma would catch a chicken, wring it's neck and make the best chicken noodle soup this side of heaven.

I could do that. I would say a prayer of gratitude for the rooster as I dispatched him. I suspect Grandma did and that's why her soup tasted so good.

Connie Roark
Connie
Have him over for dinner
Its definitely feral, i see it wondering all the lots, but for some reason likes my lot at 2am.

As I mentioned, I haven't decided to kill it, that is why I came on here and asked for suggestion.

I asked for SUGGESTIONS, not JUDGEMENT and ASSUMPTIONS.

If I wanted to just kill it, no one would know, and someone would eat it, even if it was the crows and coyotes.

What I don't like is the need for a separate thread when one was already there. I know its small town, but its not high school. I am probably the youngest one in this forum, I'd prefer to not be the one that has to say what is childish and what is not...

Most people have been very helpful in suggestions on this forum and I am grateful, I don't want to be the contrary but, this is the second time someone has decided to go in one form of the other, kind of start gossip or rumor, its really childish.

Great people talk about ideas.
Average people talk about things.
Small people talk about other people.

Bananahead----"Yuba City"!?! I didn't think anyone here knew where it is. Smaller world than I thought, although my "granny" grew all kinds of native hawaiian species there, and banana! Never heard a rooster, either. Had to go to Sutter for that! For me though, the sound of rooster, coqui, rain, is all part of the life, and if the rooster and coqui suddenly stop talking, something is lurking about. That's a scarier thought to lose sleep over!

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
Oneself,
Love that Eleanor Roosevelt quote! I'm posting it in my room next year for all my drama addicted middle schoolers.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
quote:
Originally posted by lavalava

If it belongs to a neighbor - why are they allowing it to trespass? If you have livestock - it's your responsibility to corral it.

Woah... touchy subject. Livestock yes, cats no.
One of the joys is that hawaii has no predators and a year long summer. Elsewhere the foxes or big cats would have them all. The chickens are part of puna. The water gun acts as a deterrent for a variety of unwanted animal behaviors, so that not only sounds harmless, but could even be quite fun Smile If you remove him another will probably take his place, if you make him decide to move he will take the flock with him. (I think)

#10048;
#10048;
I hope that having the windows in the bedroom shut and the black out curtains will be a good enough temporary solution.