Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
county inspectors used for harassment
Shockwave Rider - Check with the owner of the tee shirt printing store on that corner - He is a Hawaiian acres lot owner BTW.Rd 1 and R 2 ,as he has back to back lots and a gated driveway through. Their shop does indeed get inundated with sea water when surf is up or high tides. Just walk in and see for yourself - everything is on elevated bricks and water marks are creeping up the walls .This is true with most stores in that area. Perhaps not your store yet,but as ocean levels change,so will the bayfront issues of high water at high tide .

As for abundant life,yes that also is true,parking and storage and outgrowing the space,along with rental increases.In addition is the water inundation issues that seem to be a secretive and not spoken about issue.
Mrs.Mimosa
Don't understand what all the conversation is about. She said she willing allowed them on her property. Even saying they were polite. Why does it even matter who made a complaint ? What's done is done. Realistically what can she do except raise hell ? there is no excuse for blameing the County. THEY "WERE" jUST DOING THEIR JOBS. If the structure was never permitted then this is a problem she created for herself. Not taking responsibility for that does not make it all go away.
Guess I am just not in agreement with the philosophy: let's cause more trouble, and deny we did anything wrong. Rather than just working on the issue at hand. Makes no sense to me.
It took almost a full year for them to final our solar hot water. All they did was look to see if there were panels on the roof. The entire visit from pullng up to driving away was well under a minute. If the panels were visible from the road we would never have known they came.
Spot zoning ... spot enforcement.

Would almost be OK if "they" published actual "rules" instead of theoretical "code".
i remember a 2 story little house at the end of pavement on 8 road , a women owned it, the neighbor filed a complaint , she had no permits and eventually she had to take it down . now the lot remains empty and the neighbor sold and moved to hilo.
BTW... Reeds Bay condominiums on Banyan drive does flood in the basement during some high tides.
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

BTW... Reeds Bay condominiums on Banyan drive does flood in the basement during some high tides.

Basement+Banyon Drive=flooding, not surprised.
karaoke - thank you. the information is most helpful. the fact that they may have stayed just inside the law does not make this any less piculier. and there is no doubt in my mind that i have been singled out. this is selective enforcement. so my question is two fold. how do we protect ourselves from the malice of these pathetic humans? i will now check with the police and humane society, and i wonder if i can compile a list of all the complaints in hawaiian acres. there must be some sort of legal recourse to this? secondly how do i change the system? if it is possible to threaten people into silence and cooperation by holding the building threat over their head? even if you don't have kids, and don't do anything illegal, there are few homes in these acres that would pass an instant inspection from all three. this is pure intimidation and there are already people who think i am mad for publicizing it. if nobody ever stands up to this, then it will never stop. the public works needs to rethink their guidelines. the council needs to recognize the peculiar nature of living in unsupported neighborhoods with little to no infrastructure. there needs to be exceptions made or different guidelines applied to these estates in the back of beyond. they created a situation where this was possible. i would like your experiences. both good and bad, with the various inspectors, how long, how many, what happened etc. especially if you live in the acres. i would also like your experiences of personal harassment/intimidation by the use of authority - Police, CPS, humane society, etc. the data would give me a rough idea of the scope of the problem. i promise confidentiality.

#10048;
#10048;
How do you know what your dogs do or don't do, when you are gone?

When was the the original date of your building permit?

WTF and why? it is not an issue over permits. it is an issue over using bogus authority to intimidate and harass people. in this case not only on a personal bases, that i will be to frightened of making waves to stay on as treasurer, but on a community level that in this subdivision, and most of the ones on this mountain, almost everybody is vulnerable to this. how do we function as a board if we are all under these sort of threats? this sort of malice is literally destroying this community. nobody knows their rights, and the authorities don't know how to avoid being used. there are seemingly no consequences for abusing the systems for your own spite.

#10048;
#10048;