Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon S-L-O-W shipping
I ordered a couple of things last week. On June 1 I received shipping confirmation for both items. The estimated delivery date for one of the items is: Thursday, June 25, 2015 - Tuesday, July 14, 2015. Amazon charged my credit card when the items shipped. Could it be the item hasn't really shipped yet? I mean, what takes 6-weeks to ship? It's a cellphone cover. Where is it coming from, Mars?
When you're searching on Amazon, there's a menu on the left side of the screen. Look for "Refine by" and click "Free Shipping by Amazon"

I pretty much always do that, and nearly every order is delivered by FedEx, and arrives 3-4 days after Amazon finally gets around to boxing it up and sending it off.

SuperGu, some stuff not shipped by amazon is coming from China and that does take weeks to months to arrive.
I don't know how they can afford to ship stuff here so cheaply; I buy jewelry findings from China on eBay, and they mostly ship free. Some items are incredibly cheap (17 cents); I couldn't ship something to China that cheaply. I wonder if the Chinese government is subsidizing shipping costs.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
Lee M-S, I've never had to wait 6-weeks for an item to arrive after receiving shipping confirmation. Of course, it may arrive sooner, so we'll see. Amazon shipping has slowed dramatically over the past 6-9 months. Maybe the shareholders are finally demanding a profitable quarter? Who knows. Cargo ships are so efficient these days which is why it's so cheap to ship from China.
I wonder if the Chinese government is subsidizing shipping costs.

Actually the US government subsidizes "free" eBay shipping from China.

The USPS also enjoys massive subsidies to airmail groceries to Alaska.

Amazon charged my credit card when the items shipped.

Rules require merchant to fulfill merchandise within 30 days of charging the card.

Newegg for example.

Newegg is awesome: I use their site to figure out what to buy on Amazon or eBay.
As a rule of thumb, if the item is something really important, the USPS will collude with the devil to delay it's delivery indefinitely.
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
Hmm, I guess they changed this not too recently, as when I have ordered with prime in the past, I noticed that I got stuff 2-4 days from FedEx. Now, I see this on there website.

Under Prime Benefits.

(standard shipping) Addresses in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico (3-7 business days).

I've noticed that all my orders are taking at least 5-7 days now. So, now if I don't have prime it will take 30 days on a boat? or I'll have to start paying for shipping?

Dunno, I think they lost me on what are the benefits. Isn't standard shipping the same with or without prime?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/d...=201118050

I guess we should be happy its free even tho, now gotta wait longer to get it.

Here is an example...

This product shipped via "PRIME" and I'm a prime member...

Here is the tracking via parcel post.

Latest update: Monday, Aug 3
7:41 PM Package has left the carrier facility
Los Angeles, CA, US
Carrier: ParcelPool, Tracking #: 926129014510650118XXXX
2:42 PM Package has left the carrier facility
Los Angeles, CA, US
2:41 PM Package arrived at a carrier facility
Los Angeles, CA, US
Saturday, Aug 1
10:10 AM Package has left the carrier facility
Hebron, KY, US
4:57 AM Shipment departed from Amazon facility
Hebron, KY, US
Friday, Jul 31
11:24 AM Shipment arrived at Amazon facility
Hebron, KY, US
1:36 AM Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier
Show less

Purchased on July 28, and supposedly, it will be here by Friday, Aug - 7. So much for 7 day shipping! I could, only image what it would have ended up without prime? Thrown on a barge? That would put it out another 15-20 days after it left LA. YUCK.

Parcel pool is not the same as parcel post. Ericlp, your package will probably arrive on time.
yeah yeah, my I know, I know ... but they have one thing in common, they are both slow! Smile

Anyway, don't expect fast delivery from amazon anymore. Those days are over, apparently.
don't expect fast delivery from amazon anymore

...when they have to use ParcelPool to reach your "residential" address.

I wonder if they even are aware at times. I check that the wanted item is in stock.
Recently, I ordered a book ($12.50/Prime) and watched as nothing happened first three days, then preparing for shipment, then back to not shipped yet. After a week I called and complained. Item was sent next day, 1 day FedEx. During same period, I ordered another item Prime, total cost $3.50 - it was shipped 2 day FedEx. $3.50 couldn't cover the driver cost, but I'm not complaining.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident