Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii history and cannibalism
quote:
Originally posted by flyingsurfer

I am tired of people who blame others for there problems. I am tired of people blaming Zionist. It is a people returning to there homeland. I would think the people of Hawaii would understand that.
If you would like to hear a great Zionist song. Listen to 'Over the Rainbow " Iz's version. He understood.

You guys get real boring when you can't come up with anything intelligent and instead throw in something completely out of context intending to ridicule from another thread.

Seriously don't ya see how childish and pathetic that is? Shoots, ya probably pride yourselves on how low you can get. Clearly this is why there are so few active posters. Same people, mostly snarky, quick to fight and slow to debate. When a good debate gets going, someone like Dakine or Opihikao takes it to a personal level and the fights starts again.

Punaweb has a bad rep, as do most online forums. The good posters don't stick around.

Edit for spelling.
quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

From my days as a cultural anthropology student - I remember lectures stressing ritual cannibalism was practiced to absorb the Mana - not so much to gain the power of the diseased - but to prevent the spirit of the slain warrior from continuing the battle from beyond the hereafter

north american indians dismembered the bodies of their slain enemies for the same reason - reinforcing the immigrants flawed belief system that indians were barbaric cultures fit for extermination

Regarding you last paragraph/sentence, we have too many historical accounts of enough predatory Indian tribes with an agenda of exterminating the settlers to keep perpetuating the blaming the white man syndrome ad nauseum. No one was safe, what was done was defensive, period. Good God let it go, you weren't even there.

So fighting off an invading population, who crossed a vast ocean to move onto your land is not defensive, but the killing of the people who were already there by the invaders is defensive action?

You have really weird logic. If the reverse had been true, and hoards of people from the Americas had travelled to Europe, moved onto European lands, and then tried to kill as many of the Europeans as possible who defended their lands, would you still say that was a defensive action?
quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

From my days as a cultural anthropology student - I remember lectures stressing ritual cannibalism was practiced to absorb the Mana - not so much to gain the power of the diseased - but to prevent the spirit of the slain warrior from continuing the battle from beyond the hereafter

north american indians dismembered the bodies of their slain enemies for the same reason - reinforcing the immigrants flawed belief system that indians were barbaric cultures fit for extermination

Regarding you last paragraph/sentence, we have too many historical accounts of enough predatory Indian tribes with an agenda of exterminating the settlers to keep perpetuating the blaming the white man syndrome ad nauseum. No one was safe, what was done was defensive, period. Good God let it go, you weren't even there.

So fighting off an invading population, who crossed a vast ocean to move onto your land is not defensive, but the killing of the people who were already there by the invaders is defensive action?

You have really weird logic. If the reverse had been true, and hoards of people from the Americas had travelled to Europe, moved onto European lands, and then tried to kill as many of the Europeans as possible who defended their lands, would you still say that was a defensive action?

Shockwave it's incredibly simple yet too hard for many to grasp. Here's a recap:

Settlers to America weren't informed of the Indian conflict, they came in mass ,settled and the conflicts arose, fatal conflicts. I've read settler memoirs of the inability to co-exist due to brutal Indian attacks. Many Indian tribes were sadisticly barbaric. Regardless, what's done is done, those people, none of them exist today, what logic is there in blaming others or descendants? That simply stirs up racism like we see here in Hawaii. Totally and completely unproductive.
The first few colonies in North America died from their own ineptitude at rates of well over 90%, the few survivors did so for the most part because of help from the Native Americans. From the perspective of the Native Americans it makes no difference if the "settlers" knew there were already people living here, they moved into some else's home and tried to take their land.

If someone moved into your house would you just let them take all your land and property because no one told them you were already living there? Or would you fight them off with everything you had? King Philip's head was put on a stake in front of an fort in New England and left there for years, and the French paid the Native Americans for English scalps, so there was plenty of barbarism to go around.
quote:
Originally posted by kimo wires

How does a thread about cannibalism turn into a discussion about race?
Its Punaweb!

The real threat in the world today is Muslim Extremism.
Time to wake up.
WWIII has arrived.

We need to stand together.

Smells like Trump spirit.
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by flyingsurfer

I am tired of people who blame others for there problems. I am tired of people blaming Zionist. It is a people returning to there homeland. I would think the people of Hawaii would understand that.
If you would like to hear a great Zionist song. Listen to 'Over the Rainbow " Iz's version. He understood.

Punatic007 states: (*Snipped)

... When a good debate gets going, someone like Dakine or Opihikao takes it to a personal level and the fights starts again.

EO, Shockwave Rider. (BBM) Mahalo.

Official Version - "Somewhere over the Rainbow" - Braddah IZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k

Punatic007, my last post to you was aloha to you, as it shall be once again. Sorry you feel that way, however, topics pertaining to Hawaiian culture, history, and people, is "personal"; always will be.

JMO.

Thank you Opihkao For the Iz's "Over the Rainbow"
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Thank you so much, Lodestone! I remember that episode but can't find a link to the full episode, but did find this (worth watching all the way through, it's not long!):

https://youtu.be/NIufLRpJYnI

Thank YOU, Tom! Twilight Zone AND Naked Gun in the same clip! Does it get any better?
ah what ? !!!! So there ... LOL

Sorry Rob ... Need to think if any TW / Hawaii related ones beyond ocean descriptions.
aloha,
pog
I figure if there is a place where anything goes, it's in the cannibal thread.