Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm
"There are regulations, strict in most places, on off-road vehicles for several reasons."

In our neighborhood the #1 reason we dislike off-road vehicles is the horrible noise they make. Kinda like... helicopters. At least helicopters have professionals operating them. Mostly idiots with no sense of safety or Aloha drive the off-road vehicles. I saw one guy blasting his ATV down a cinder road at what looked like 4x the posted speed limit with a keiki on his lap.
Best of luck with your sign waving. I wish you all well. It is a noble goal.

However as my Grandfather used to say,"Don't waste your time chasing butterflies when you could be chasing your girlfriend around the table or drinking beer with the boys."
Slow Walker
Next we have to stop those elitist cruise ships, they block my view.
stop those elitist cruise ships

The ones that flush their toilets into the bay where keiki go swimming?

stop those elitist cruise ships
The ones that flush their toilets into the bay

If passengers can afford cruise tickets they probably have good quality healthcare with regular checkups. So thankfully keiki swim in effluent with a lower risk factor of communicable disease. Granted, there's a lot of it though, as I hear they really feed you on those voyages...

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Well this thread has taken an interesting turn...
Digression is one of the the easiest ways to divert a topic that is inconvenient to some. Today's helicopter protest begins at 3 p.m.
Just continuing your main argument against helicopters on to its logical conclusion. Let's just ban all tourists and be done with it. How dare they have money and want to share it with us.

People want the benefits of tourism (lower taxes) but not the downsides (a bit more traffic, a little more noise). The world doesn't work like that.
Let's just ban all tourists and be done with it. How dare they have money and want to share it with us.
------
Good point. Based upon the other ridiculous argument about helicopters, tourists ARE ELITIST!
Speaking of tourists, and helicopter tours catering to the tourists, the Global Tourism Summit started today in Honolulu, hoping to bring in more of them:

http://www.globaltourismsummithawaii.com...5f805.aspx

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves