Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the new Dominos in Pahoa is open
But does it have a urinal approved by the permit people?
They may have found a loophole in the process by making it unisex and having only a toilet.
This article (below) describes frozen pizza, but if you look at the ingredients that cause health issues they are the same as you find in hot cheap mass produced chain pizza.  If you buy pizza from a local island based restaurant and choose your ingredients wisely, you can eat a pizza that's actually food.  Cafe Pesto is good, Ohelo is good...

The One Frozen Food Doctors Say You Should Stop Buying ASAP–It’s So Bad For Your Heart

"most frozen pizzas are loaded with unhealthy ingredients, including processed meats, high-fat cheeses, and sugary sauces." All of these processed ingredients are bad enough on their own due to the fact that they pack in high amounts of fat and calories while offering practically no nutritional value. And when you throw them all together, you've frankly got a recipe for disaster when it comes to your heart health. "While a occasional slice of pizza won't kill you, eating frozen pizzas on a regular basis can increase your risk of developing heart disease or other cardiovascular problems," Nanavati warns.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/one-froz...11583.html
So you're telling me local pizza places don't have fat in their mozzarella, and their pepperoni is not processed like all the rest? Hmmmmmm.......
local pizza places don't have fat in their mozzarella, and their pepperoni is not processed

There are different grades of mozzarella.  Last week at KTA I looked through about 5 different brands, some are of much higher quality than others.  Pepperoni is full of ground up mystery parts, salt, nitrates, it’s highly processed.  Order something that’s good for you as a topping instead.  Or not.  If you do order pepperoni just remember you’ll most likely order cholesterol and high blood pressure medication somewhere in the future.  Maybe get a stent or two.  There have been a number of articles in the past month about ultra processed foods and their detrimental effects on the human body.  The studies and findings are from decades of research.

Cafe Pesto uses real, fresh ingredients on their pizzas.  Corporate chains pack their ingredients with the unholy trinity of maximum salt-sugar-fat that make your taste buds light up, it’s formulated to taste so good so you don’t notice you’re not actually eating vitamins, minerals, and protein.  Which as far as your body is concerned, is kind of the point.

Dominos & Pizza Hut can only afford to sell a pizza for $6.99 if it’s chock full of cheap fats, sugars, salt, Parmesan cheese stretched with cellulose (sawdust) and the like.  Real wheat flour, tomatoes, 100% cheese without fillers, fresh vegetables cost money.
Caveat Emptor. So called Ultraprocessed foods have been linked to cognitive decline and dementia. So if a heart attack doesn't dissuade you then perhaps losing your mind will.
I think moderation is the key. You probably don't want to be eating like this once a week or more, but I will get a chain pizza once every six months or so as a major treat. With pepperoni. I count on five months of broccoli et al and a whole lot of exercise to get me ready for the next time.
Certainty will be the death of us.
"The studies and findings are from decades of research."

I'm pretty sure I was the test subject... I'll let you know how it works out.
Tongue
Since we are talking about healthy pizza, check this out.
Everything is fresh and homemade or locally sourced except for the Roma tomatoes from California.
They only sell pepperoni pizzas.

https://www.dicarlospizza.com/
Gee, thanks. That's so helpful. Do they deliver to Pahoa?
Certainty will be the death of us.