Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More affluent people moving to Puna?
Miketat I am very aware of the Websters definition, I was merely trying to make a point which obviously missed its mark on you. Hope nobody was offended, I just know that many people have a different definition of sucess and affluence, if-you-will, here than on the mainland. And for that, I am very, very grateful! pj

Pam, I understand your point and I'm sorry when it left the impression that my post was in direct response to yours. It was more about cliches that I sometimes felt coming up in this thread.

michael
http://www.punaguide.com

a couple of million in savings, a few investments and a retirement check doesn't make you that affluent

you're kidding right??

if not i must (still)be stuck in an alternate universe(known as upper puna)

sorry buzz, i couldn't resist

quote:
believe me it's easy to go thru a millionSad

A few wise investment choices and you don't even have to do anything, the stock market will do it for you! Smile

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

I think I actually would still want to be in Puna if I had $10 million. I love that it is a quirky place that doesn't feel like the rest of the Island or America for that matter. OK, so I might spend half that to also have a place on Hanalei Bay, but I really can't think of having it much better than having an oceanfront spread in the Kehena to Opihikao area.
Hey Thanks Buzz, now I feel poorer than I thought I was realistically!! I too must be living in that alternate universe!! LOL

Hey T. meant to ask you if you would accept delivery of 1 acres worth of pig fence for us? Ummm, I'm so geographically challenged, but hey you are up wind of us right? LOL, just kidding, hey we have wild piggies so who needs fences right!!!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Mella - you have pigs! I'm jealous...okay so I'm here in Tempe, Arizona and it's about 105 degrees and when you step outside it's like you're baking muffins! Wish I were there.

This thread is a hoot! I would be well-to-do with what Buzz describes (sorry Buzz - it's a LOT to me). I spent my 20's thinkin' why can't I have that?! Why do THEY have that? Now I think how blessed I am to have what I do. Tony is always worried about money - he won't TELL you that, but he's quiet and it's a built-in feature with him. I told him that we are doing fine and won't be living in a shopping cart soon...then we looked at some prices in Puna for houses, and played with a mortgage calculator and he's a little better.

After doing all the paring-down of our "things" and selling for 10 cents on the dollar things we worked so hard for - THEY CAN HAVE IT!! I don't wanna be responsible for it all. We're going to attempt to pay our mortgage off or very nearly when we buy in Puna and then...ALOHA. Just gonna explore the island - outside from the insane price of gas, it's free, yeah?

(Anyway - I'll be rich when one of Mella's pigs fly out my butt.) (Can you say "butt"?)

Carrie

Edited by - Carolann R on 05/17/2006 12:07:19
Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
But you just did!! LLLLLing. Carrie I don't have any pigs! They are free range piggies where we are going to settle in Eden Roc! They are like everyone's pet until the hunters find them and then it Banana leaves and the sauna for them.

Hey I'm with you on this get rid of all of the things that aren't a necessity, why keep them? The more I get rid of the better I feel it is a freeing of weight no?

I'm minimizing all the physical things that I don't actually love because of sentiment (very few) in an attempt to keep away from any and all housekeeping, that isn't absolutely necessary for our health! Oh well yes I'm having trouble letting go of books, all kinds of books, gosh.

Hey here in No Cal it went from winter and the heater in two days to the air conditioning. Literally 58 degrees high to 95 degrees and climbing higher ever since. I hear you about the heat. It really gets to me when it is still 90 at midnight.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
This little piggie went to Mella's

This little piggie stayed home

This little p...........lol.. hehehe oops!

Wee Wee Wee are off to the sauna.....

Here piggy piggy :0 :0

Pig fahmin stinky bussiness Smile) Aloha neighbor

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

To someone with bills, living paycheck to paycheck, a couple million seems like it would solve all the problems. But, to a person who has just earned and saved a couple of million it doesn't seem like enough. To a Wall Street trader who used to have $10 million and now has two, it seems like destitution. Money is never enough; nothing is ever "enough" (Buddha pointed this out 2,500 years ago and it still is true [to paraphrase Billy Holiday]).

Only Aloha spirit, (or the local equivelant) will make you happy. It seems like most people on this forum are rich in that.

(And yea, I'd be in Puna, naked at Kehena Beach, even if I had $10 million.)

Aloha,
Rob L
Aloha,
Rob L